How can i create a fully up to date Win 7 DVD?

Ive got a Windows 7 SP1 disk and want to integrate all the Hotfixes into it. So far ive managed to download all the updates with Windows Update Download tool.

But im having trouble installing them to the install.wim file. Ive tried a couple of programs but all they seem to do is copy the Hotfix onto the DVD so that it is ready to be installed through Windows update, is there a way that they are fully installed, so when ive finished installing Windows here are no more (or very little) updates to be performed? Currently ive got 70 updates, and running Windows updates still results in 70 updates to be installed. So basically all ive managed to skip is the downloading of updates from Windows updates.

Any way to do what im saying?

If they are MSU files you can add them into the WIM using DISM. This example uses .cab files but you can use .msu as well:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744559%28v=WS.10%29.aspx

I've never bothered creating an updated (or unattended for that matter -- not doing enough installs for it to be worthwhile) Win7 DVD yet but this makes it seem like a piece of cake. If that's all of it then it should be extremely simple to automate the entire process. I guess the main part of the job is to always have an current list of updates but that could be automated as well using the Windows Update Agent. I'm not sure how reliable that is but worst case scenarios there's others who are already putting in the effort to maintain lists here...

If they are MSU files you can add them into the WIM using DISM. This example uses .cab files but you can use .msu as well:

http://technet.micro...v=WS.10%29.aspx

I've never bothered creating an updated (or unattended for that matter -- not doing enough installs for it to be worthwhile) Win7 DVD yet but this makes it seem like a piece of cake. If that's all of it then it should be extremely simple to automate the entire process. I guess the main part of the job is to always have an current list of updates but that could be automated as well using the Windows Update Agent. I'm not sure how reliable that is but worst case scenarios there's others who are already putting in the effort to maintain lists here...

I generally update every quarter & run my last UA image on VM to list the available patches. I then use WUD with the lates UL file from this forum to download the necessary fixes.

Then simply use Max's utility to mount the wim & update with the fixes. Unmount & save ready for test.