nLite bug with KB977816 and KB2115168 - Windows XP

EDIT: The it is KB2686509....

...If you don't add limited users like your kids or something that are hackers then this update is kinda meaningless. Hence the faker.

Thank you -X- much appreciated

Edited by PinkFreud

I would like to ask you ,'PinkFreud' what is size of your final integrated cd/dvd ?

I see Im barely making it without application addons so I too must cut out 'lang' (99mb) folder,and few others as mentioned on unattended site "slimming down cd ."

>>>I would like to ask you ,'PinkFreud' what is size of your final integrated cd/dvd ?<<<

I haven't burned a CD yet but original "clean" SP3 source was 591 MB, final nLited ISO is 319 MB. :)

Edited by PinkFreud

>>>I would like to ask you ,'PinkFreud' what is size of your final integrated cd/dvd ?<<<

I haven't burned a CD yet but original "clean" SP3 source was 591 MB, final nLited ISO is 319 MB. :)

Does this extensive "slimming" make your OS run better/faster ?

Or to some atvantage ?

Does this extensive "slimming" make your OS run better/faster ?

Or to some atvantage ?

I only use extreme slimming like the one above for use in VM, much different than "live" XP. I'm really not that technically proficient (above average user) to diagnose effect (good/bad/faster/slower/broken components...etc) of such slimmed versions. I know it runs fine for me in VM, (test software, run apps incompatible with Win 7, etc) I create a new CD every 4-6 months...mostly because I have a lot of free time & as an educational tool.

Edited by PinkFreud