Problems with KB2564958

Killjoy

KB971513 is an optional update. -X-'s page list only high-priority updates and that's why he never mentions the KB971513. Am I right?

EDIT: One more thing.

I get no such dialogs. He's adding who knows what and doing multiple nLite runs.

For a few updates, you should expect to get those "file is not present in ISO to be updated" dialogs. Because these updates do contain files not present in the disc (for some reasons). Here they are:

• KB2564958 (file: uiautomationcore.dll)
  • KB2603381 (file: customaddreg.dll)
  • KB2661637 (file: iacenc.dll)
  • Time zone updates such as KB2633952 (file: tzchange.dll)

EDIT: Still another thing. I checked Killjoy's list of updates he integrated and I see no problem except 971513 and 955759. I have mentioned 971513 already, but for 955759, I think it could be removed as well. Because, the high-priority 955759 update can be replaced by the optional 2492386 and Killjoy have decided to integrate 2492386.

Edited by Explorer09

No, it's not an optional update. Only the ones listed in the image below if running IE6. You'll also get offered the compatibility view update for IE8 if you're running IE8.

Optional.png

KB971513 is an optional update when KB2564958 is not installed. KB971513 was first offered by Windows Update on Tuesday, 10th November 2009.

post-62992-0-94696600-1334849132_thumb.p

KB2564958 replaces KB971513, and is offered by Windows Update even when KB971513 is not installed. There's no good reason to slipstream KB971513 when slipstreaming KB2564958.

Edited by 5eraph

You didn't add them or something. Here are screenshots from my page.

KB2675157.png

flash.png

Yes I did.

For example, in your opinion, WINDOWS INSTALLER 4.5 and hotfix for Windows Installer (KB942288 v-3 and KB958655-v2) is NOT an "IMPORTANT" update for Windows???

It is if you ask me.

By the way, every time when I've slipstreamed AdobeAX from your page, IE asks me to update AX component. Why should I slipstreamed that update from your page if it is not working properly???

By the way, 2564958 WAS NOT AVAILABLE that moment when I was starting to use your update page.

What's wrong with optional updates???

ROOT Certificats for example? Or AGAIN Windows Installer??? IT'S NOT IE or MESSENGER OK?

Those are very important imho.

KB971513 is an optional update. -X-'s page list only high-priority updates and that's why he never mentions the KB971513. Am I right?

EDIT: One more thing.

I get no such dialogs. He's adding who knows what and doing multiple nLite runs.

For a few updates, you should expect to get those "file is not present in ISO to be updated" dialogs. Because these updates do contain files not present in the disc (for some reasons). Here they are:

• KB2564958 (file: uiautomationcore.dll)
  • KB2603381 (file: customaddreg.dll)
  • KB2661637 (file: iacenc.dll)
  • Time zone updates such as KB2633952 (file: tzchange.dll)

EDIT: Still another thing. I checked Killjoy's list of updates he integrated and I see no problem except 971513 and 955759. I have mentioned 971513 already, but for 955759, I think it could be removed as well. Because, the high-priority 955759 update can be replaced by the optional 2492386 and Killjoy have decided to integrate 2492386.

Is it OK to leave them both on my list or should I delete 955759?

@ -X- @

If you are already updating your update page, you should definitely offer OPTIONAL UPDATES WITH High Priority.

Not software as IE or WLM or PowerToys and things....or new calculator.

What I want to do? I have Windows XP with SP3. With components: IE6, Movie Maker etc.

I only want updates for them, for SYSTEM COMPONENTS and for system itself. NOTHING MORE.

No new WMP 11 or IE8.

Here is complete list of my updates. I've excluded AdobeAX.

45575501.jpg

92609307.jpg

38464509.jpg

IF you find solution to my problem, I'm gonna probably kiss your sweet as*!!! OK???

Thank you all.

Thank you all for wasting your time on me.

Third time today........2675157 for IE is not integrated as it should be. He is not even in Add or Remove Progs under SOFTWARE UPDATES.

By the way, I've looked at SVCPACK folder on ISO and it shows ONLY "CA_" type of file of 2675157.

41642728.jpg

It was all in one integration -X-. You've said that multiple nLite runs aren't OK.

That reminds me. You've said that you are "provider" for only HIGH-PRIORITY updates.

Why Microsoft reports me that KB961118 is available???

01softwareoptional.jpg

02highpriority.jpg

Edited by Yzöwl

First, Killjoy, you have integrated KB2492386, so feel free to delete KB955759.

Second, KB961118 is a high-priority update but it's offered only after you installed .NET Framework. I should have told -X- about this (but he didn't add it to the list).

Third, I cannot know why you can't integrate KB2675157. Could you please attach the nLite.in_ file in your i386 folder of your disc, so that I could look at the problem?

First, Killjoy, you have integrated KB2492386, so feel free to delete KB955759.

Second, KB961118 is a high-priority update but it's offered only after you installed .NET Framework. I should have told -X- about this (but he didn't add it to the list).

Third, I cannot know why you can't integrate KB2675157. Could you please attach the nLite.in_ file in your i386 folder of your disc, so that I could look at the problem?

So I have .NET 1.1 integrated into system and I can integrate 961118? OK, thanks.

File nLite.in_ is in attach in RAR archive.

NLITE.rar

Sorry for late reply. But your problem doesn't seem to be in the registry, so I think you need to check the files.

If you still have the slipstreamed disc, try this in your command prompt:

cd %YourDisc%\I386
mkdir %TEMP%\extract
for %i in (
browseui.dl_ html.ie_ ieencode.dl_ iepeers.dl_ mshtml.dl_ mshtmled.dl_
mstime.dl_ shdocvw.dl_ tdc.oc_ url.dl_ urlmon.dl_ wininet.dl_
) do expand -r %i %TEMP%\%extract
explorer %TEMP%\extract

Then, check if the file versions match the following:

tdc.ocx - 1.3.0.3131
html.iec and ieencode.dll - 2011.1.31.10
All other files - 6.0.2900.6197

If one of these doesn't match, then your KB2675157 wasn't integrated correctly.

Edited by Explorer09

Sorry for late reply. But your problem doesn't seem to be in the registry, so I think you need to check the files.

If you still have the slipstreamed disc, try this in your command prompt:

cd %YourDisc%\I386
mkdir %TEMP%\extract
for %i in (
) do expand -r %i %TEMP%\%extract
explorer %TEMP%\extract

Then, check if the file versions match the following:

tdc.ocx - 1.3.0.3131

If one of these doesn't match, then your KB2675157 wasn't integrated correctly.

I don't have that disc. I've deleted it. But I'm working on a new one.

As soon as I slipstream all hotfixes, I'll post results.

Can you wrote those commands again? I can't read them properly.

Step by step, cause I'm an id*** with command prompt and MS-DOS also. :whistle:

I thought you were familiar with command prompts, but it's okay that you are not.

What I was telling you to do is to extract several files that was in your disc. These files should be patched by nLite when you told it to slipstream the update.

Before I explain step by step, you have to know these two things:

1. All files that has an underscore (_) as the end of their file extension are actually cabinet (.CAB) files.

2. You can read and extract their contents using any file archiving software, such as 7-zip.

Then, if you have your disc ready, you can check whether you have slipstreamed KB2675157 by checking the files and the registry.

Files

1. Explore the I386 folder in your disc.

2. Find these files, and extract everyone to a temporary folder (or onto your desktop).

3. For every file you extracted, right-click it and choose "Properties". Then click the "Version" tab.

You shall see the file version that matches this:

tdc.ocx - 1.3.0.3131

If not, then your update has not been integrated correctly.

Registry

KB2675157 or other IE security updates also add some registry entries on your computer. That's why I told you to upload the NLITE.IN_ file.

nLite stores the registry changes there. But I don't think I need to explain this since your problem isn't there.