Modify Visual Style - Menu Bar Color

Dogway

Hello, it's been like half a year since I've been wanting to do this. I tried to look for a nice Visual Style for XP and I already found around 40 nice looking ones but all of them have the menu bar too bright, that's why I haven't installed any yet.

I would like to know how can I change the color of the menu bar only. The body of the window (the white background in notepad for example) can be changed easily from the windows own appearence dialogs, and I guess the menu bar fonts can be changed from there as well, but how do I change the menu bar colors? I just need a darker tone. I tried several softwares but all of them are bulky, junkware, crapware, payware, etc.

Thank You!!

Edited by Dogway

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but use the following since long time ago, I also think these settings are unreachable via the GUI. But I don't remember exactly any more, I just know I investigated at the time and came up with this. I use it all the time when I use the default Luna theme, otherwise the menu bar isn't right.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors]
"Menu"="236 233 216"
"MenuBar"="236 233 216"

GL

Yes, that is the same if I choose to change it through the GUI.

The problem is that Visual Styles seem to use png images for the menu bar colors, thus it ignores whatever changes you do to the regedit or the GUI.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I found StyleBuilder, is this a good application? Can anyone suggest me any tutorials?

I post a screenshot demonstrating that the menu bar are composed of images not flat colors.

th_StyleBuilder.png

A good way would be to just grab all the bmp and tone them down in photoshop or any other program, but many of them are diffcult to guess what they are without any kind of tut...

Edited by Dogway