Compiling Open Source

Over in the Win 2000 section, BlackWingCat posted this about a library for compiling with Visual C 2010. Will produce binaries that will run on 98 and ME.

Just thought it should be mentioned here, so that those more interested in 9x than 2K would be aware of it.

edit:

The paste of the link doesn't take you to the correct post, it is post #17 in the thread.

Edited by bpalone

The paste of the link doesn't take you to the correct post, it is post #17 in the thread.

Not a problem:

Quick rule of the thumb:

add to the address of the thread:

hxxp://www.msfn.org/board/topic/156004-vlc-media-player-new-version-201-portable/

"page__st__<offset_to_post_#>

that's page, two underscores, st, two underscores, (number of post -1).

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Over in the Win 2000 section, BlackWingCat posted this about a library for compiling with Visual C 2010. Will produce binaries that will run on 98 and ME.

Just thought it should be mentioned here, so that those more interested in 9x than 2K would be aware of it.

Thanks, bpalone! :thumbup

Indeed, blackwingcat includes code in commonfix.h for the following nine VC++2010 functions that is more complete than KernelEx 4.5.1:

• EncodePointer
    DecodePointer
    FindActCtxSectionStringA
    FindActCtxSectionStringW
    HeapQueryInformation
    HeapSetInformation
    InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount
    IsDebuggerPresent
    IsProcessorFeaturePresent

It been awhile since I've browsed in the Win 2000 section; I also found interesting tools from WildBill (PE Tool) and BlackWingCat (PEMaker) and DLL collections from tomasz86 to try out. :)