Win98FE Service Packs

List of CD attached. Note the filenames (you already listed a few...)

(and, yes, the folder dates are different - it was a CD "dump")

win98sr1en.txt

Basically, find the files and you have SP1. ;)

edit - and this "Windows Update Windows 98 Service Pack 1 X04-93664"

Edited by submix8c

• 3 months later...

Are you sure that that link works? I tried it on one of my Win98FE machines: it was only a 1.03MB download, and when I clicked on it to open, it didn't seem to do much of anything. There was a box that popped up with a progress bar, but it all went away quickly before I had a chance to read what it was.

Could that be because the PC in which I opened wucsp.exe already has SP1 installed? I was hoping to download a large file containing all the SP1 updates that I could then burn to CD and install as needed.

--JorgeA

nope JorgeA. I get the same behavior when running wucsp.exe on an old win98fe computer. a relatively "silent" install of win98 sp1 with just a progress bar. seems like Microsoft made it that way. in other words, the behavior is "by design"

no matter. just run wucsp.exe and restart your win98 computer, even if it doesn't tell you to reboot.

Edited by erpdude8

I get the same behavior when running wucsp.exe on an old win98fe computer. a relatively "silent" install of win98 sp1 with just a progress bar. seems like Microsoft made it that way. in other words, the behavior is "by design"

no matter. just run wucsp.exe and restart your win98 computer, even if it doesn't tell you to reboot.

Thanks, erpdude8! I have a new (in the last few months) Win98FE install that I couldn't update at all via Microsoft. I still have the relevant file so I'll try this on it.

--JorgeA