Outlook 2003 converts email addresses to text

skylark53

My boss wants me to send a colleague, Derek, some materials. So he needs to send me Derek's email address.

He looked in his Contacts but Derek is not listed there.

So he began an email to him by writing "Derek" in the To: line. Outlook obligingly filled in the rest.

Boss then scooped this up with his mouse.

He pasted it into an open email to me but instead of putting derek@hisemailprovider.com, Outlook translated this email address into the bloke's name.

How can he get Derek's email address into a message to me? Thanks! We're going mad here... and Derek stil doesn't have his docs.

he began an email to him by writing "Derek" in the To: line. Outlook obligingly filled in the rest.

The rest of the name or the rest of the email adress ?

If only the name appears, right click and choose "Properties", then copy/paste the entire email adress.

Outlook filled in the whole thing - name and email address.

Boss scooped this up and pasted it into a message to me - and it reverted to Derek's given name, surname.

I think something must be set in boss's Outlook (or the way his contacts are stored) that causes this to happen. It doesn't happen with me: I can scoop and paste and the email address stays an email address. But what? That is the question.

Outlook filled in the whole thing - name and email address.

Boss scooped this up

If the adress displays and he selects copies the text, then it should work. If he just copies the "object" then he migh have a different output in an other type of window.