settings greyed out

mito

Hi. I could not found help about this on google. I'm unable to change settings in two different situations:

1. The option to disable hybrid sleep in the power profile is unavailable. It says "some settings are managed by your system administrator" .

2. Some options in IE's delete browsing history are also greyed out. Again "some settings are managed by your system administrator" .

Creating new user account (with admin rights) doesn't work. Also, it's not the Group Policy (all the GP settings are at default).

It would be helpful if someone knows the registry settings for permissions for power management and internet explorer's policy settings.

Edited by mito

Hi. I could not found help about this on google. I'm unable to change settings in two different situations:

1. The option to disable hybrid sleep in the power profile is unavailable. It says "some settings are managed by your system administrator" .

2. Some options in IE's delete browsing history are also greyed out. Again "some settings are managed by your system administrator" .

Creating new user account (with admin rights) doesn't work. Also, it's not the Group Policy (all the GP settings are at default).

It would be helpful if someone knows the registry settings for permissions for power management and internet explorer's policy settings.

What version of 7 are you using? Different things are not accessible depending on the version.

OK - next question - is this connected to a domain? If so, are these settings actually managed via Group Policy? (Easy to tell - rsop.msc will show you what settings are being set by all group policies applied to you).

OK - next question - is this connected to a domain? If so, are these settings actually managed via Group Policy? (Easy to tell - rsop.msc will show you what settings are being set by all group policies applied to you).

No, it's not connected to a domain.

It's probably due to some tweaking software that i installed previously. But i can't use system restore because this problem is from some months ago. My guess is only finding the registry values that disable this options will help.