New Flash Player 11.2.202.228

@submix8c

Actually, it's rule #10.

@frogman

if you are concerned that you want to be clear that you are addressing multiple people's points, the accepted way is to preface the paragraph with @UserName, as I have demonstrated. If the multiple points are all strictly your own, then it really makes no sense to make multiple consecutive posts. The exception would usually be if those posts are many days apart, and then it's usually accompanied with an apology.

Cheers and Regards

All I was doing was informing that there was a new version of Adobe Flash player, not everyone manages to have auto updates.

If you look at this whole thread you will find I am not the only one that does this, I have more to worry about in life than posting to bump up my post totals.

Hello all,

Is there a procedure to extract the new flashes dll's as they become available? A way to do it without downloading and installing to XP first and grabbing the plugin? Or a site that just archives the plugin dll's without the installer? ( I thought filehippo did this , but doesn't seem to be true). I can't get the Installers to run on 98 anymore.

Looking for the plugins, not the active X.

:no: And don't direct me to adobe's website with a 100GB download of which it is not easy to even find the dll, it would be easier for me to steal it from an XP machine!

Just wondering what the state of the art is. . . I don't want a hexed version, just the plugin.

Thanks

<snip>If you look at this whole thread you will find I am not the only one that does this, I have more to worry about in life than posting to bump up my post totals.
Giant2011 - 102 Posts. If they keep it up they'll be an "Advanced Member" like you are...

:thumbup:w00t::lol:

I'm not knocking your ability to assist (as in the previous post) but the fact that you've been a member since 09/2005 - you should know better by now.

Edited by submix8c

@frogboss:

Thanks, next time I won't have to transplant it from XP maybe...

@Everyone:

Latest version seems to render video better on my particular machine, although it does some weird stuff too. I have Radeon 128MB GeForce and 800Mhz processor with no SSE2 acceleration. Looks like it was able to squeeze a better frame rate at small video sizes but there's not enough processor power to do large video well or hi def streams. Try scrolling away from the video while it plays and then back onto it again, sometimes it goes into fast motion mode to catch up - really weird, must be some real weird frame buffering going on, then again that could be the video driver, they tend to be very buggy.

That's my report

snuz

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem that the people at http://portableappz.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/flash-1021531-10318042-plugins.html have boobed with their latest update, well I say this as when I take their latest Adobe Flash player update for version 11.3.300.257 then extract as normal, when I check the version of NPSWF32.dll it shows as 11,2,202,235.

Anyone else noticed this or has anyone managed to get the latest version to show on their system?

Edited by frogman

It would seem that the people at http://portableappz.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/flash-1021531-10318042-plugins.html have boobed with their latest update, well I say this as when I take their latest Adobe Flash player update for version 11.3.300.257 then extract as normal, when I check the version of NPSWF32.dll it shows as 11,2,202,235.

Anyone else noticed this or has anyone managed to get the latest version to show on their system?

Honestly, I don't know what sort of benefits do you expect installing newest Flash version on retro systems like Win98/Me but if you need it so badly, you can download it from here.

Btw, I've tested it - it works (suprisingly even with old SeaMonkey 1.1.19).

Edited by rainyd

Honestly, I don't know what sort of benefits you expect installing newest Flash version on retro systems like Win98/Me.

Bug and security fixes as well as support for latest Flash features perhaps... :w00t:

For as long as it works I don't see a reason not to keep up to date with it.

Thanks for the link btw.

Bug and security fixes as well as support for latest Flash features perhaps... :w00t:

You know, it would be wonderful to have Flash GPU acceleration on Win9x but it's not possible as we know.

Btw, I've discovered some sound glitches (distortion) with latest version.

Edited by rainyd

Honestly, I don't know what sort of benefits you expect installing newest Flash version on retro systems like Win98/Me.

For as long as it works I don't see a reason not to keep up to date with it.

Thanks for the link btw.

Okay but could you check the file from that link and say whether its the new driver or not?

You know, it would be wonderful to have Flash GPU acceleration on Win9x but it's not possible as we know.

Btw, I've discovered some sound glitches (disstorion) with latest version.

Did you run the .paf installer for say Firefox then copy and paste the NPSWF32.dll into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Macromed\Flash ?

What I was saying earlier was when I checked the version of NPSWF32.dll after extracting it from the latest .paf it was the older version and not the new one, why would this be?

Honestly, I don't know what sort of benefits you expect installing newest Flash version on retro systems like Win98/Me but if you need it so badly, you can download it from here.

Btw, I've tested it - it works (suprisingly even with old SeaMonkey 1.1.19).

Thanks for that link, I was saying that the one from the PortableAppz site has the previous driver but your link gives the correct one, and my player has the correct up-to-date version now.

Many thanks.

I've gone back to the previous version of flash player 11.2.202.235 as I was experiencing sound issues on embedded youtube windows, and these sound issues have now gone. :yes: