New Flash Player 11.2.202.228

here: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|874p2|3790317690|Plugin_Portable_Flash_11.2.202.228.paf.exe|3546|R~2F7CAA2B9666023960F3C3BA8208910B|0|0 ;)

Unpack with 7z and replace the one that's installed with this new one and that's all there is to do.

loblo,

When this player gets updated again will you be able to send another one of those fixes? :)

here: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|874p2|3790317690|Plugin_Portable_Flash_11.2.202.228.paf.exe|3546|R~2F7CAA2B9666023960F3C3BA8208910B|0|0 ;)

Unpack with 7z and replace the one that's installed with this new one and that's all there is to do.

loblo,

When this player gets updated again will you be able to send another one of those fixes? :)

Google for a portable flash player next time there is an update and you should find one as easily as I found this one, I didn't do it myself.

loblo,

Google for a portable flash player next time there is an update and you should find one as easily as I found this one, I didn't do it myself.

I found the file you sent, I think I would need to as in this case enter the version of the flash player like this when searching, and by doing so I found the same link.

firefox portable flash plugin 11.2.202.228

Edited by frogman

Would I be able to do the same for the version 10 for the internet explorer version of the flash player? and if so where would I be looking to find the file to replace? as surely it will be in a different folder than the one I did for Firefox yesterday.

Perhaps this can only be done for the same program version, like 11 or 10.

He Hello frogman, I installed flashplayer 10.1.53.64 for internet explorer in the directory c:\win98\system\macromed\flash

there are two files for internet exporer flash10h.ocx and flashutil10h_activex.exe. I installed this version and it worked.

Do you mean searching for flash10h.ocx and flashutil10h_activex.exe on the internet.

Would I be able to do the same for the version 10 for the internet explorer version of the flash player? and if so where would I be looking to find the file to replace? as surely it will be in a different folder than the one I did for Firefox yesterday.

Perhaps this can only be done for the same program version, like 11 or 10.

Start -> Run -> c:\flashplayer10_3r183_18_winax.exe /install

• 2 weeks later...

I have the latest flash player 11.2.202.228 showing as being installed thanks to loblo with the portable flash player file.

Just a little question though, I went on to this site today, http://www.skysports.com/score_centre and it said that * *Flash Player 8 or higher required (Free download) * **Flash Player 9 or higher required (Free download) Download the latest flash plugin for free!

Just confused why it doesn't pick up the Flash player 11.2.202.228 ?

Anyone that had used the method the same as I did if they could say whether they get the same as I do when I visit that site.

There will be a reason of course, it's just that I can't come up with one, and I'm looking for help.

Thanks.

Just a little question though, I went on to this site today, http://www.skysports.com/score_centre and it said that * *Flash Player 8 or higher required (Free download) * **Flash Player 9 or higher required (Free download) Download the latest flash plugin for free!

Just confused why it doesn't pick up the Flash player 11.2.202.228 ?

Short answer:

• Ignore the message and click on the sub-site you want. Most of the sub-sites are flash-based--they'll find the plug-in and load just fine.

Long answer:

• I reproduced the symptoms in FireFox 2.0.0.20 and Opera 10.63 with Flash 9.0.47.0. The scripting Error Console in both browsers report "'$.getScripts' is not a function".
    The webpage at "skysports.com/score_centre" by default displays the Flash error message and then relies on a script to detect the Flash plug-in and hide the message. The script fails, so the message stays.
    Searching with Google for "+getScripts -getscript" yielded only two results, so it doesn't seems to be a browser standards-compatibility issue, just a typo/programming error at skysports.com.

Edited by jumper

frogman (above) ... New Adobe Flash Player available 11,2,202,233

I just installed the new flash player version and it seems to work. I use K-Meleon and I unpacked the "Firefox" dll package into an empty folder and manually installed only the NPSWF32.dll into the K-Meleon plugin folder (saved my older one, just in case!) ... wasn't sure what to do with the nppdf32.dll so I didn't install it. Have been to some FP test sites and everything seems to work ... so far! I will spend some more time checking this new version out.

Flash Player Version Site:

http://www.duber.com/LetsTalk/playerCheck.html

Note: If you use Proxomitron, you have to check Bypass to do the test.

-------------------------------------

Flash Player Version Check

If you have the Flash player already installed in your computer, you will see its version type and number below.

This player version check requires a minimum of Flash version 4 to work at all. Below, you should see your platform (e.g., Win or Mac) followed by the long version number of the Flash player.

WIN 11,2,202,233

If you don't see any results above, then you will need to download and install the free Flash player.

Please remember, this site requires version 6 or higher of the Flash player (the first number in the long version above is the player version).

If you haven't yet upgraded your system to version 7, we suggest that you consider doing so. It offers better performing audio and video streaming in the LetsTalk forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another version test site:

http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php

Flash Player Test Page

Which Flash Player Version Do You Have Installed?

Javascript is enabled in your browser.

You have Flash player 11.2.202 installed.

Edited by duffy98

I manually copied npswf32.dll to the flash directory. But this did not work I had to remove flash totally and then I had to install

flash 10 for IE and then I copied npswf32.dll to the flash directory.

That's weird, it's working fine here (in Opera). The non-IE browsers rely on the mozillaplugins registry key to find plugins other than those installed in their own plugins directory so perhaps the flash subkey got deleted for some reason on your system though after thinking about it I think it is unlikely since installing the plugin for IE as you did should not create this key I guess.

Sample Flash subkey:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer]
"Path"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\Macromed\\Flash\\NPSWF32.dll"
"ProductName"="Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Plugin"
"Vendor"="Adobe Systems Incorporated"
"Description"="Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 Plugin"
"Version"="11.1.102.63"
"XPTPath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\Macromed\\Flash\\flashplayer.xpt"

Edited by loblo

I added npswf32.dll 11,2,202,233 to the plugin directory of Firefox and it worked. I cannot see it in the registry. How to get it in the registry for

opera and Firefox. When you do a complete uninstall possibly this will be removed. Well I have now the problem how to get flash back in

opera. Doe anyone know how this works when the regstry key is lost.