New Flash Player 11.2.202.228

Just noticed this latest update for the Adobe Flash Player this morning, however unlike the previous files this particular one will not install even with Kernel Ex.

I have been able up till now to install successfully all the 11 program versions but not this one unfortunately.

Error starting program, a device attached to the system is not functioning.

The INSTALL_FLASH_PLAYER_32BIT.EXE file is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:ChangeServiceConfig2W.

I use Kernel-Ex 4.5.120

Will there be a way round this perhaps?

flashi10.jpg

Edited by frogman

if theres any spare xp machine, you might want to install it there, and examine with dependency walker if the calls needed by actual plugin.

if the call only happened to the installer, you might want to copy the extracted files to appropriate folder on win9x system and use the regsvr32 manually.

if theres any spare xp machine, you might want to install it there, and examine with dependency walker if the calls needed by actual plugin.

if the call only happened to the installer, you might want to copy the extracted files to appropriate folder on win9x system and use the regsvr32 manually.

I don't have an XP machine unfortunately, and even if I did I wouldn't know too much about the dependency walker and such.

Have you managed to install this latest flash player on your 98 computer?

Edited by frogman

v11.2 brings with it a silent update feature. The installer creates a scheduled task and adds a FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe (It's a service). Maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by -X-

v11.2 brings with it a silent update feature. The installer creates a scheduled task and adds a FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe (It's a service). Maybe that has something to do with it?

Yes I think it probably has something to do with it.

I wonder if this can be helped with a change to be added to Kernel-Ex?

So at present anyone with win 98 won't be able to update to this latest version.

Google for a portable version if you're not afraid it might contain malware and copy the NPSWF32.dll over the one that's already installed (in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Macromed\Flash\ on my machine)

I have just done that and it seems to be running OK in Opera 11.62. (2K compat mode required for NPSWF32.dll)

:hello:

Google for a portable version if you're not afraid it might contain malware and copy the NPSWF32.dll over the one that's already installed (in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Macromed\Flash\ on my machine)

I have just done that and it seems to be running OK in Opera 11.62. (2K compat mode required for NPSWF32.dll)

:hello:

Yes I have that same file in my system folder too.

When you say the one that's already installed you mean grab that file from the google download and replace it in that system folder where NPSWF32.dll is?

You say google for a portable version, are you able to give me where you managed to get one from?

Edited by frogman

the new flash installer indeed creates a new services named: "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" which probably phoning home everytime i activates the computer / connect to internet,

the services were made to run automatically, regarless the choice i made during installation on XP machine.

So, i delete it immediately with Autoruns.

currently, i can only update the activeX version as i unable download the firefox version for unknown reasons (the sites offer me the outdated flash10 instead).

the .ocx use quite different file name this time, instead of flash11#.ocx or flash12#.ocx this time the .ocx named: Flash32_11_2_202_228.ocx

so i need to add that to KeX compatibilty list.

Dependency walker said the new ocx use the same imports as previous flash11 ocx (no new call introduced),

therefore copying the files to win98se then using regsvr32.exe against that ocx works for me.

Edited by Joseph_sw

here: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|874p2|3790317690|Plugin_Portable_Flash_11.2.202.228.paf.exe|3546|R~2F7CAA2B9666023960F3C3BA8208910B|0|0 ;)

Unpack with 7z and replace the one that's installed with this new one and that's all there is to do.

Still no too clear, when you say replace the one, are you referring to the NPSWF32.dll ?

Or am I to click on the exe file to install over the older flash installation?

Right I see what you want now, when I installed that I see 2 files NPSWF32.dll and nppdf32.dll, is it just the first one that I need to replace?

Will I then need to try and install the latest flash player again or will this replacement of that file have done this already?

Sorry for being so dumb with this, but it worked, I now show as having that latest version of flash!

You have version 11,2,202,228 installed.

Thanks so much loblo, I appreciate your help very much.

:thumbup