"My Videos" Folder Missing from "My Documents"

lapetite66

Hi:

I installed the slipstreamed XP/One Piece Post SP3 v5.51. yesterday.

While I was putting some wallpaper pictures into the "My Pictures" folder I noticed that the "My Video(s)" folder was missing. No, I didn't delete it accidentally or otherwise it's just M.I.A.

I looked the problem up on the internet and found quite a few things that were supposed to help but didn't.

1. Method 1 - Downloaded Microsoft Fixit thingy and installed it and it didn’t do a dang thing or at least not what I downloaded it for which was to install a new “My Video” folder.

2. Method 2 – Downloaded Tweak UI and installed it and went to the “Folder” that supposed to allow you to repair/install the missing folder but there was no “My Video” folder listed.

3. Method 3 - Was a registry fix where you manually fix the missing folders yourself using the following heading HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders. I followed the directions to the letter. I figured out how to add a new registry entry but wasn’t sure where to add it since there were two sections where the entry could have gone. Under the heading \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders there were two folders. One was called “User Shell Folders” and the other was called “Shell Folders”.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hmmmm. mine didn't show up for 7 months after install. Not sure why, BUT... I found a suggestion to open Media Player and that (maybe) it would be created.

(did I NOT use Media Player for 7mo??? dunno...)

addendum - I have Media Player 10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Player

Windows Media Player 10 introduced support for aggregating pictures, Recorded TV shows, and other media into the library.
And I just noted that it doesn't exist in my "fresh" XP Install and has WMP9. Try downloading and installing WMP10... Edited by submix8c

Hmmmm. mine didn't show up for 7 months after install. Not sure why, BUT... I found a suggestion to open Media Player and that (maybe) it would be created.

(did I NOT use Media Player for 7mo??? dunno...)

addendum - I have Media Player 10.

Hey submix8c:

I saw that suggestion to use Media Player too...it didn't work for me. Thanks anyway. :)

Pls read ALL of it! The "clean" XP SP3 has MP-NINE and have used it (no My Videos) - the OTHER install I have has MP-TEN (has My Videos). Check your WMP Version - MP-NINE? (bet it is...)

Just for record, for my HFSlip XP with WMP11, "My Videos" folder is created only after I launch WMP for the 1st time.

Pls read ALL of it! The "clean" XP SP3 has MP-NINE and have used it (no My Videos) - the OTHER install I have has MP-TEN (has My Videos). Check your WMP Version - MP-NINE? (bet it is...)

submix8c:

I slipstreamed One Piece's 5.1 Post SP3 Pack my media player is version 11.

Thanks,

Just for record, for my HFSlip XP with WMP11, "My Videos" folder is created only after I launch WMP for the 1st time.

Geej:

I did open Media player and there still wasn't a "My Videos" folder.

Thanks for trying to help though.

You mean 5.5.1?

I have to assume that you started with XP-SP3 otherwise I doubt it would have worked.

What method was the Add-on applied. RVM or nLite?

You may notice that one response indicated integration using HFSLIP. I personally use nLite and -X- update list, integrated IE8 and WMP11 along with updates. (But to each their own.)

You mean 5.5.1?

I have to assume that you started with XP-SP3 otherwise I doubt it would have worked.

What method was the Add-on applied. RVM or nLite?

You may notice that one response indicated integration using HFSLIP. I personally use nLite and -X- update list, integrated IE8 and WMP11 along with updates. (But to each their own.)

submix8c:

Yes, I mean 5.51...

My original disc is Windows XP SP2. I slipstreamed SP3 and went from there.

I haven't a clue what HFSLIP was until I just googled it and no I didn't use that method. I use nlite and as mentioned before I used Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack v5.5.1-20120221. I mainly use my own CABs. The few exceptions to that rule are the following:

1. 5er_KB2388997_Addon_v2011-11_1_x86

2. adobe_flash_activex_11.1.102.55_addon

3. adobe_flash_plugin_11.1.102.55_addon

This time around the ONLY thing I did different was add updated versions of the above mentioned Adobe ActiveX and Plugin as well as a few others that I didn’t add in previous slipstream disc.

1. 5er_KB2388997_Addon_v2011-11_1_x86

2. Flash_AiO_full_AddOn

3. Addon_Java_Runtime_6_update_31

4. adobe_flash_activex_11.1.102.62_addon

5. adobe_flash_plugin_11.1.102.62_addon

I also came across someone saying something how they weren't able to use certain software because of the slipstreamed .NET Framework 4.0 included in the pack. Once they uninstalled the slipstreamed version it and then then added OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v4.0.30319.276_True_AddOn_ENU_B201C85546AAA8A735A006A914508930 everything was fine.

I don't know what the heck the problem is. And now not only is "My Videos" folder missing but now my Microsoft shortcut bar won't start automatically anymore. I now have to manually start it each time I turn on the computer which is a freaking pain. I wanted it to start manually I would have set it up that way from the beginning. :realmad:

Thanks, :)

1 - MANUALLY slipstream SP3 "full"

2 - nLite "add" remainder

Watch out for any "tweaks" during nLite. Some items will directly affect others. Basically, you shouldn't remove components since the AIO probably "assumes" the presence of any/all components PLUS additional items.

What is a "Microsoft Shortcut Bar"?

Google

"microsoft shortcut bar" xp -office
still yields little. Please explain your terminology.

1 - MANUALLY slipstream SP3 "full"

2 - nLite "add" remainder

Watch out for any "tweaks" during nLite. Some items will directly affect others. Basically, you shouldn't remove components since the AIO probably "assumes" the presence of any/all components PLUS additional items.

What is a "Microsoft Shortcut Bar"?

Google

"microsoft shortcut bar" xp -office
still yields little. Please explain your terminology.

Submix8c:

I did manually slipstream Service Pack 3 as well as all the rest of the add-ins using Nlite.

I don't use tweaks or remove components.

The Microsoft shortcut bar ie toolbar in XP is the bar that can sit at the top of your desktop or on the side that allows you to click on the shortcuts to access the software you use the most (see below)

http://www.dak.com/reviews/tutorial_shortcut.cfm

Thanks,