nLite Addon Maker in English

chl2012

I am new to nLite and this Forum, and I am looking for an nLite Addon Maker. There was one on the Web several years ago and a few left today, but the best one is a translation from English to Arabic -- I think. I have found nothing else that is available or would do the job I need.

I hope this is the right Forum, and someone can help.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

.I had seen the site you suggested, and had downloaded and run the UDC described there before my post here. That UDC has gone a long way to answer my questions about the items, format and AddOn Maker but I still have a few; e.g., I keep reading not to include the KB for the IE8 updates, but go to MS and get the download for the update. Fine, but what is the format of the update from MS and how is to be installed??

Other than using UDC, I have no further info on any problems and results to add.

But thanks again. I will keep looking for a nLite AddOn Maker.

Look at my post again carefully. You mistook my signature for the actual content of the post. There's a link to the add-on maker there.

I'll get to your questions in a bit.

I did see your entire reply, and I had gone to YOUR link before I made the initial Post. In fact, I had downloaded your addon maker before the post. And I sent a small donation to YOU with thanks for the Maker, addon info and data. As I said, there were comments in YOUR link that I did not understand and hope more info will be coming in the future.

Comment: As you will probably note, I am a poor typist and the FORUM spell checker does not work. I get an error message saying the FORUM cannot find ieSpell on my computer. Well it is on my computer, the FORUM just cannot find it. Maybe the FORUM should look for another source for a spell checker. Sorry for any misspelled words.

I will wait for your additional comments.

I keep reading not to include the KB for the IE8 updates, but go to MS and get the download for the update. Fine, but what is the format of the update from MS and how is to be installed??

What it says is if you are slipstreaming IE8 from the script I supply (IE8.Add-on.Creator.zip) then you need to replace the items listed in footnotes 4,5, and 6 since there are 2 different ones. Ones for IE6 and ones for IE8.

4# If you're slipstreaming IE8, replace WindowsXP-KB2647516-x86-ENU.exe with IE8-WindowsXP-KB2647516-x86-ENU.exe.

5# If you're slipstreaming IE8, replace WindowsXP-KB2510581-x86-ENU.exe with IE8-WindowsXP-KB2510531-x86-ENU.exe.

6# If you're slipstreaming IE8, replace WindowsXP-KB2544521-x86-ENU.exe with IE8-WindowsXP-KB2544521-x86-ENU.exe.

But thanks again. I will keep looking for a nLite AddOn Maker.

The add-on maker is here as I pointed out in my original post: Add-On Maker for nLite

I had downloaded your addon maker before the post. And I sent a small donation to YOU with thanks for the Maker, addon info and data.

I think the confusion lies in the fact that you refer to my UDC script as an add-on maker. While it does do that in regards to some updates that nLite does not process properly and the standalone script that makes an IE8 add-on, I just call it a script. The add-on maker is the one at virtualtek.com

PS One place to get add-ons I forgot to mention in my reply to your email was right here at the Application Add-Ons forum: http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/132-application-add-ons/

• 3 months later...