WdmStub

jds

Thanks for the link, I used the link and ran wdmcheck. Only one missing function with wnihdd50.sys file: "mmisaddressvalid" . With wnihdd51.sys, the list is longer. Is there a stub for this?

Yeah, someone would need to rebuild 'wdmstub' with this function/stub added ...

Here's an interesting driver with at least a W98-supporting INF : http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/f5d8000.exe

Unfortunately, it lacks the W98 SYS file, as described here : http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r17282846-Belkin-F5D8010-pre-N-laptop-card-missing-drivers

I don't wanna get too far off topic, but I did find this while looking. I know it's not what you're looking for. I never saw it before, says it compatible with 98 SE or later:

http://transfers.ds.microsoft.com/ftm/

Not too far off topic? (Rhetorical question.)

Joe.

Thanks for the link, I used the link and ran wdmcheck. Only one missing function with wnihdd50.sys file: "mmisaddressvalid" . With wnihdd51.sys, the list is longer. Is there a stub for this?

I have MmIsAddressValid in my WDMEX.VXD replacement for WDMSTUB. I do not know if I have the other missing functions in WNIHDD51.SYS as I don't have a list or a copy of the File.

I have MmIsAddressValid in my WDMEX.VXD replacement for WDMSTUB. I do not know if I have the other missing functions in WNIHDD51.SYS as I don't have a list or a copy of the File.

I'd like to try it, how do I get it? BTW the wnihdd51.sys file has: InterlockedPushEntrySList, MmIsAddressValid, InterlockedPopEntrySList, NdisGetFirstBufferFromPacketSafe, NdisMGetDmaAlignment, NdisQueryBufferSafe.

I'd like to try it, how do I get it? BTW the wnihdd51.sys file has: InterlockedPushEntrySList, MmIsAddressValid, InterlockedPopEntrySList, NdisGetFirstBufferFromPacketSafe, NdisMGetDmaAlignment, NdisQueryBufferSafe.

WDMEX.VXD is still in development so I haven't advertised it on my Website. The SList Functions can easily be added. I currently do not have any Ndis Functions in it.

Edit:

I added the Slist Functions.

The Ex versions of the SList functions exist on Windows 98 but are not compatable with the XP Versions. Since the Ex SList functions are used by Windows 98 Drivers, I will not be able to add the XP Versions of them.

Edited by rloew

• 9 years later...