USB Multiboot 10

rajdaila

Hello Guys, i download USB Multiboot 10 and when i click on usb multiboot 10.cmd file there appear a error windows "file makebt/TEE.BAT is missing". Please help me to solve this problem

Have you followed to the letter the instrutions in the thread:

particularly:

- Unpack USB_MultiBoot.zip to your Harddisk in a simple Path without SPACES.

The file TEE.BAT is exactly where it should be inside the .zip, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be there when the achive is unzipped.

jaclaz

• 4 months later...

I see the same exact error, and there are NO spaces in the path. Actually I get that error if I run the script as Admin. Of course if I don't I get an Admin error.

And the TEE.BAT is indeed right where it is supposed to be.

Hello Guys, i download USB Multiboot 10 and when i click on usb multiboot 10.cmd file there appear a error windows "file makebt/TEE.BAT is missing". Please help me to solve this problem

Have you followed to the letter the instrutions in the thread:

particularly:

- Unpack USB_MultiBoot.zip to your Harddisk in a simple Path without SPACES.

The file TEE.BAT is exactly where it should be inside the .zip, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be there when the achive is unzipped.

jaclaz

I see the same exact error, and there are NO spaces in the path. Actually I get that error if I run the script as Admin. Of course if I don't I get an Admin error.

What Windows version do you use ?

Win7.

If I edit the script to hardcode the TEE.BAT path and run as admin the shell does open but immediately closes.

In any case it is needed to set User Acount Control Off and Reboot.

Also for Win 7 you must modify USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd and instead of 6.0 for vista it must be 6.1 for Win7 like

VER | find "6.1." > nul

But it is much more advisable to use better approach as described here:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=24424

Install of XP or Windows 7 from USB After Booting with 7 PE and

by using WinNTSetup2_x86.exe and Setup ISO file in Virtual drive

The advantage is that you never boot from USB during XP Setup

and that makes everything much more reliable and you have full control of what you are doing.

Also using a single XP Setup ISO file mounted in ImDisk Virtual drive is much more reliable

than having a bunch of XP Setup files on USB.

Transfer of the ISO file to USB is much faster and easier to maintain.

Instead of USB-stick it is much better to use Portable 2.5 inch USB-harddisk e.g. Samsung S2

As easy to carry and connect, but much higher speed and more capacity.

:)

So I set UAC off and rebooted. Also changed 6.0 to 6.1.

USBM seemed to work ok and after a few minutes I had my USB finished.

Tried to boot eeebox off this and failed. Did come up with menu that had several options. All failed for various reasons. I think 2 separate options gave BSODs, a couple gave hal.dll errors. I think the last menu option - attended xp - seemed to get me the furthest before failing.

The instructions on that page you cite have some ambiguities and its tough to follow. I've put in over 10 hours on this now.

In any case it is needed to set User Acount Control Off and Reboot.

Also for Win 7 you must modify USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd and instead of 6.0 for vista it must be 6.1 for Win7 like

VER | find "6.1." > nul

The advantage is that you never boot from USB during XP Setup

and that makes everything much more reliable and you have full control of what you are doing.

Also using a single XP Setup ISO file mounted in ImDisk Virtual drive is much more reliable

than having a bunch of XP Setup files on USB.

Transfer of the ISO file to USB is much faster and easier to maintain.

Instead of USB-stick it is much better to use Portable 2.5 inch USB-harddisk e.g. Samsung S2

As easy to carry and connect, but much higher speed and more capacity.

:)

Those instructions suck. I can't even get bootusb to work properly. It just sits there with no working buttons except Exit.

I must have registered accounts on 4-5 separate forums since last night. Why is it so hard to install XP via USB?

Those instructions suck. I can't even get bootusb to work properly. It just sits there with no working buttons except Exit.

I must have registered accounts on 4-5 separate forums since last night. Why is it so hard to install XP via USB?

Maybe it is because you are using a tool outside it's intended usage paradigm.

This tool has helped surely thoudands, likely tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands people in installing XP from USB device. (people that were running XP)

Some other tools, including he one wimb pointed you to or the "other app":

have been developed since, some may work "better", some may NOT work, some may be working AND more convenient.

Try looking at the half full glass :yes: , if you had this *need* before 2007 you would have had NO possibilities whatsoever :ph34r: .

jaclaz

And your helpful suggestion is? I've already tried WinSetupFromUSB.

Maybe it is because you are using a tool outside it's intended usage paradigm.

This tool has helped surely thoudands, likely tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands people in installing XP from USB device. (people that were running XP)

Some other tools, including he one wimb pointed you to or the "other app":

have been developed since, some may work "better", some may NOT work, some may be working AND more convenient.

Try looking at the half full glass :yes: , if you had this *need* before 2007 you would have had NO possibilities whatsoever :ph34r: .

jaclaz

And your helpful suggestion is? I've already tried WinSetupFromUSB.

There was no actually helpful suggestion implied in my post, only a "generic":

Take it easy man :)

and a hinting that maybe, since one or the other of the mentioned utilities has been proved to work for several (many) people, then it is possible that you have *something else*, be it the source, the actual USB device or your understandng of the use of the tool that *somehow* is "not standard".

At it's very minimum, please read here:

there is no actual need of a dedicated tool, you could try the manual steps outlined in the above.

The mentioned thread is about an user (BTW using Windows 7 as "building" environment) that detailed how exactly to make a USB install stick manually (there are anyway a limited number of steps in it, ten in total) self-imposing the use of NO third-party tools.

jaclaz

Well, if I can make a Bootable LiveXP USB stick with the instructions given for creating it, I can surely create a MultiPartition Bootable USB stick, or even an Install USB Stick.

The "key" to making them has been given with the appropriate links. There are various methods for each, using various BootStrap programs. I prefer Grub4DOS, but that's just me.

BTW, the FIRST thing to do is to ensure that the USB Device is indeed bootable, then take it from there. I have two sticks, one of them having two partitions, the second accessible only with a "special driver" (not really, but I use it) in the USB-Bootable OS and it does work!

Summary - Don't be so rash as to say "the instructions suck" just because you want something that "magically" does everything for you the first try... And don't forget to RTFM (all info given in said links) - in some cases you just need to run part of the "tool" (see previous paragraph) and do the rest manually. ;)

That was a good suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. After the initial txt mode setup of XP loaded some files the message "Setup is starting Windows" comes up...... and then a BSOD. Some previous attempts with tools also got me to this point, though faster.

I don't think I've got a hardware issue; the CentOS on the box (an eee box EB1007 with a bigger drive) runs fine with no issues.

At it's very minimum, please read here:

there is no actual need of a dedicated tool, you could try the manual steps outlined in the above.

The mentioned thread is about an user (BTW using Windows 7 as "building" environment) that detailed how exactly to make a USB install stick manually (there are anyway a limited number of steps in it, ten in total) self-imposing the use of NO third-party tools.

Rash is the last thing I am. I've used instruction sets from across the net utilizing various toolsets including WinToFlash, ISOtoUSB, the manual instructions mentioned here, and USB Multiboot, WinSetupFromUSB, etc. Nothing has worked. Nothing. I've now devoted roughly 15 hours to this over 3 days. The method of error varies, but nothing has worked.

And the fact remains - that latest version of BootUSB (5.3) mentioned at 911cd literally doesn't work. Which is the point where I threw up my hands and got a little frustrated.

Summary - Don't be so rash as to say "the instructions suck" just because you want something that "magically" does everything for you the first try... And don't forget to RTFM (all info given in said links) - in some cases you just need to run part of the "tool" (see previous paragraph) and do the rest manually. ;)