Why Windows Vista (SP1+) is Better Than Windows 7

UltimateSilence

@xpclient

You should still be able to run all of these in Vista with some tricks. I found this post on a Polish forum where someone managed to run IE10 Preview in Vista by just copying the files manually.

ie10_vista_jpg_300x300_q85.jpg

Tomasz86, that's amazing! I'm going to try it out tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing. I felt bad because Vista was left out.

Plus, MS won't support the following on Vista SP2:

- IE10

this is a good thing. I hat IE9/10 (because of the horrible font rendering) and I'll stay for ever at IE8 and use Firefox instead.

- Paint.NET 4.0 (because its developer is an MS fanboy)

replace fanboy with Employee ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@xpclient

You should still be able to run all of these in Vista with some tricks. I found this post on a Polish forum where someone managed to run IE10 Preview in Vista by just copying the files manually.

ie10_vista_jpg_300x300_q85.jpg

Tomasz86, that's amazing! I'm going to try it out tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing. I felt bad because Vista was left out.

not sure if this can be accomplished with IE 10 final. MS hasn't yet released a final version of IE 10 for Win7 and Win8 has already been RTM'ed (aka. finalized). IE 10 final could be a little different than IE 10 preview.

If I had any interest in IE10, I'd try the solution Tomasz86 suggested when the final version is ready. But as it is, I'm sticking with IE8 because it's the last version with a fully functional status bar.

--JorgeA

Good read! I have had mixed experiences with windows Vista I moved from an old 98 that was upgraded to XP to Windows Vista and thought it was the greatest thing. I mostly had trouble with drivers and copying/moving files it seemed like it took a long time to copy files. I do agree with the article writer about the missing programs AKA Windows Live Essentials I liked it better when they just came bundled with Windows.