Re-integrate / re-install USB audio support in XP?

sl2011

Hello,

I used nlite to slim down a windows XP(32) CD (SP3 slipstreamed). Unfortunately, I inadvertently left out the USB audio support - a mistake since my webcam, a logitech C250, has an integrated microphone which is now not detected and therefore not working. I also happen to have a USB microphone, but same problem - won't be detected or installed properly since USB audio support is missing.

Is there a way to re-install USB audio support? Through an external ASIO driver perhaps? This might work for the standalone mic if I find the right driver, but what about the webcam's mic?

Thank you for your help!

Thanks, can be useful to some.

But in this case all I had to do was to copy (from another installation of windows, can also be done from CD) the two files wdma_usb.inf/pnf back to windows/inf. Then delete webcam from device manager --> reboot --> reinstalled w/ microphone working.

It would be useful if nLite produced a thorough report at the end of the process, eg a text file looking like

[removed]

USB audio support

<list of files>

[disabled services]

windows update

etc

That would help re-integrating components which have been disabled by mistake, as most of the time it's just a matter of finding the right files and copying them back + a bit of fiddling (ie, no need to reinstall windows).

Unless you changed the default settings, nLite puts a copy of Last Session.ini at the root of the installation disc so you can see what settings were used and apply them to another source later. The only thing it won't show you is the "<list of files>" unless you explicitly specified those files.