Integration of VIA's RAID driver

Fernando 1

I have been trying to make a slipstreamed win xp home sp2 cd to set up a computer running the Jetway K8M8MSR2-VC motherboard and 2 sata drives in raid form. I have tried via v raid driver package from the via site, jetway drivers from thier site, the 32 whql and modded version from this thread. No luck whatsoever every time I get the viamrx64.sys is corrupt. I am not adding the x64 version of the drivers I am specifying the x86 or 32 bit version and only doing 1 at a time to weed out the problem it hasn't worked yet. I am not loading last session when I start nlite. I can not figure this out. Any advice would be helpful.
Since some users with a VIA RAID system obviously are running into problems, if they integrate VIA's officially released RAID driver package, I have started this thread.

Many of these problems are caused by the content of the TXTSETUP.OEM file, which has been added by VIA. This file is very important for the detection of the RAID during the first (TEXTMODE) part of the XP resp. XP x64 installation.

Just to minimize the risk of the later Windows XP/XPx64 installation failure, I have customized the TXTSETUP.OEM files of the latest 32/64bit VIA RAID drivers dated 11/18/2010. After having done that I have repacked and uploaded them to a file hoster.

Here are the download links:

>32bit VIA RAID driverpack v6.01 customized< (only for Windows XP)

>64bit VIA RAID driverpack v6.01 customized< (only for Windows XP x64)

Additional remarks:

1. Start the nLite processing with a fresh copy of an untouched XP/XPx64 CD content and don't load any Last_Session.ini file.
  2. If your XP CD doesn't already contain the Service Pack 3, you should integrate it too. Attention: The integration procedure should be done within a Windows XP (32bit) environment.
    XP x64 users should integrate the Service Pack 2 for XP x64 from within a 64bit environment.
  3. During the nLite processing you should make sure, that the VIA RAID driver will be integrated as TEXTMODE driver and not as PnP driver. Usually nLite will do it automaticly, when the driver is associated by a file named TXTSETUP.OEM.
  4. If you want to minimize of a later XP Setup failure, you should not use all offered nLite processing options at once.
    This is what nLite should do:
    • Integration of the latest Service Pack (if not already included)
    • Integration of the VIA RAID driver (32bit for XP, 64bit for XP x64) as Textmode driver.
    • Creation of the ISO file or using the nLite option of directly burning the XP/XPx64 CD as bootable image

[*]As last step you have to burn the ISO file, which has been created by nLite, as bootable image (unless you had already chosen the direct burning option of nLite).

[*]If you want to get some additional informations regarding the integration of a textmode driver into a Windows XP/XPx64 CD and about the most common problems during the later OS installation, you may look into the start post of >this< thread.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Well thank you Fernando. I thought this was the right place to post about that problem. Didn't mean to hijack it. I tried those drivers and it is still giving me the viamrx64.sys is corrupt when i run the burned cd on that system. I am not loading last session or any other drivers to that disk. I don't get it.
You either have tried to integrate the 64bit VIA RAID driver into the 32bit OS Windows XP (which doesn't work at all) or you have used an already processed Windows XP CD as source.

Regards

Fernando

Well I read this post a few times and then the other you linked here. I think my problem was using the same source xp file over and over. I made a new source file as you said to do and just added that custom driver you posted. It worked this time. Thanks a lot for your help. man that was a big waste of 20 cd-r hehe. I aprreciate your help.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...