Using nlite w/preset set to lite

dienkhung

I created a windows xp- sp3 disc using nlite. What I did was set the preset to lite and made some tweaks. The disc works perfectly and windows is running, using only 50mb. Heres the problem, when I try to install drivers for my video, sound, chipset, and etc., a windows pops up saying theres an error and I can't continue. But once I press ok, the windows goes away and then the driver software pops up like normal and when I click install, it just hangs. I'm sure it because there are a lot of things missing because I used nlite with the lite preset, but does anyone know how I can fix this so that I'm able to install drivers and etc.? Thanks it would be very appreciated

What I did was set the preset to lite and made some tweaks
Which preset is that? Did you download/find/get somebody else's preset? They should usually be avoided, as they cause troubles and are a good example that taking a shortcut doesn't pay off.

windows is running, using only 50mb.

...I'm sure it's because there are a lot of things missing

...does anyone know how I can fix this.

You installed a fraction of XP and you needed more. Basically, you have two options.

-repair bit by bit and come here every day for a month with statements like "I've fixed it, but now...". Possibly getting to an "acceptable" OS that will need reinstall later anyway.

-begin from scratch removing only what you are sure you will never need.