Raid do not start after wake up from sleep

leonundjulie

I have a Windows home Server 2011 in use, everything is perfect up to One issue. While waking up the system from Sleep or Hibernate the 4 HDD linked to my RAID Controller do Not start. Before I am going to take a trace from the statrup phase I would like to know if there is any chance to influence the timing of the starting process of Windows. I am asking this because I noticed in the Windows Error logbooks already the reason for my problem: my pc is to fast, the RAID Controller is Not ready in time, so Windows is deciding to start the driver but not to show the HDD in the windows Explorer. What can I so?

Why? Although its a server, I will use it more or less as big HD which I want to have in use within seconds (like a NAS). Of course I am using the server features as well - but this my second interest only.

Edited by leonundjulie

Why? Although its a server, I will use it more or less as big HD which I want to have in use within seconds (like a NAS). Of course I am using the server features as well - but this my second interest only.

Sure :), I have used for years a CRAY-1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cray-1

to store DOS games and serve them on the intranet :w00t:.

Comeon :), a server is designed to be online the most time, and RAID controllers are a complement to it, they are really NOT meant to be hybernated or go in sleep mode.

Maybe you could disable the RAID controllers and use software RAID with them disks. :unsure:

But I am not sure to understand which is the actual issue.

If it's just Windows explorer not showing drive letters, you can kill the explorer process, since it is the shell it will be re-started, and at this time drive letters should be assigned and visible.

jaclaz