Managed Win7 hotfix list?

fdv

Hi all, can anyone suggest a hotfix list for Win7 that is continually edited to remove obsolete hotfixes?

I personally keep a Win2003 fix list and I edit it to remove obsolete fixes that have been replaced by newer ones. It's a real pain to do this, so much so that I only update it every 2 or 3 months, and as far as I can tell, I'm the only guy doing it.

I am hoping that as much of a pain it is to do, there is someone out there who does it for Win 7.

Any tips are appreciated...

this tool is bad, because it shows missing update when you install update the regular way ( it checks for the LDR/QFE version of the updates which I don't force to install).

I don't know about that, it might be so. But it has tons of options, maybe its one of them? All I know is my jaw dropped when it made a nice report with command lines to uninstall obsolete and install new (I haven't tried that yet) on a system that was in a pretty chaotic state in regards to updates (multiple ones installed, two or three SoLoR packs applied on various dates, some hotfixes failed and left in unknown state). It's been working nicely after that, at least the utility didn't break anything and I'm sure it cleaned up some of the mess. :ph34r:

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi