xp64 missing cpu drivers

sciwhiz

Hello

I'm trying to reinstall XPx64 on my computer as light as possible. With the original disc, everything goes fine. However, after I've removed a bunch of components with nlite, and installed, the device manager reports that my cpu needs additionnal drivers, even after installing all the other drivers including chipset.

I haven't removed the AMD nor Intel cpu drivers. Does anyone know what I've removed that should be kept?

Thanks

specs:

nlite 1.4.9.1

cpu intel Q6600

mobo: gigabyte ep43-ds3r

edit: attached my last session.ini file

cpudrivers.png

Last Session.ini

Edited by sciwhiz

Why remove hardware? If it isn't physically present the drivers won't be loaded and if it is there you need it.

The only reason I know of to remove drivers from the install disk is if they interfere with the installation of other drivers that you've integrated (for example signed drivers will always take precedence over unsigned drivers).

Why remove hardware? If it isn't physically present the drivers won't be loaded and if it is there you need it.

The only reason I know of to remove drivers from the install disk is if they interfere with the installation of other drivers that you've integrated (for example signed drivers will always take precedence over unsigned drivers).

Ok, so I've rebuilt a new image, this time with no components in the Hardware Support removed. And I'm still lacking cpu drivers. Anyone got a suggestion?

Last Session.ini

Edited by sciwhiz

Could you check on your XP x64 CD if you have the following files: cpu.in_ (or cpu.inf) and intelppm.sy_ (or intelppm.sys and it could be in drivers.cab) ?

If you don't have them then your CD is missing some files.

Are they also in the nlited cd (or iso) and are they copied on your install (cpu.inf should be in c:\windows\inf and either intelppm.sys should be c:\windows\system32\drivers or in the drivers.cab in C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache) ?

The problem is you are relying on software to remove unwanted Windows components, a manual task that requires an extremely high level of expertise and much patience. A task that I did last year, removing every useless .INF and driver. And no, I just didn't guess; I read every line of all the hundreds of .INFs and Windows never snapped. The "inf" directory is now just 18.1 MB. Before this I spent a good two years removing every other useless Windows component, not just the common easy ones software like nLite remove. All without a backup image - it made me feel as if I were disarming a bomb and the pressure was on - and not so much as an error or dysfunctional component. :yes:

Edited by vipejc

Ok, so I've rebuilt a new image, this time with no components in the Hardware Support removed. And I'm still lacking cpu drivers. Anyone got a suggestion?

Um, your last session file still indicates that drivers have been removed.