Epson SX430W WiFi Setup

bj-kaiser

Hey, I'm trying to find a way to configure the WiFI settings of my new Epson SX430W through my PC. Epson advertises it with "automatic wifi setup with windows 7" etc. but I can't figure out how. All I managed so far is join it to an ad hoc network, I can reach the MFP through HTTP and SMB, but EpsonNet Setup doesn't find it. to bad it has no web-interface, all I get when I connect to it with my Browser is "Epson Stylus SX430".

And I really don't like the idea of keying in a rather secure WiFi-passphrase with the cursor keys on that cheap thing.

any idea/hint appreciated.

I think printer companies may be jumping the gun with all these new WiFi printers. I don't think the common userbase is quite ready for it. In each case I've had to deal with them, I just connect it via USB and do it the old fashioned way.

in the end I used WPS, since I now have a router that supports this. keying in a 10+ character password on printer just with the cursor keys is no fun.

If it at least had a Web-Interface I could have used the unencrypted ad-hoc network to do the setup. but no. and the Software Epson provided did for some reason not recognize it.

For short, I wouldn't recommend that thing.