-

Copland

For example the windows 2000 style glitch, the pc goes kind of windows 2000/ safe mode style:

This actually is MORE of the fact that the PROGRAM being run at the time disables\interferes with aero thus causing it to fail untill the program ends..

and the photo drag glitch where the photo you are dragging stays on the screen untill next boot

NEVER EVER heard of this one!

2 Glitches make it quite glitchy? WOW

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Use latest version of Operating System and Regular Update it.

Should we stick this as "most useful advice of 2012"? :unsure:

Or could we submit to the "most gratuitious generic non-advice 2012 award" contest? :rolleyes:

jaclaz

I have recently found windows 7 to be quite glitchy.

I have yet to experience the kind of glitches you're talking about on Win 7, and I've been running it on several PCs (work and home), and since the betas too. It must be something with your setup or something you do.

the photo drag glitch where the photo you are dragging stays on the screen until next boot

I've never seen this one on Win7, but it happened all the time on XP. Most likely it's your video drivers (Intel onboard video? no wonder...)

While Aero is supported by my video card (at work) I had similar problems with Windows display after a period of time, however none of these problems happen if I switch to Classic mode.

I think that Windows 7 will allow the user to use Aero for any video card with at least 128MB VRAM, even if the card itself can't 100% handle the transparencies, transitions and other effects.