Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
sam1984

7zip with High compression ratio

Dear friend,

I have 7zip file, Extract it and compress it again with 7zip GUI.I choose ULTRA \ LZMA \ 64 \ 64 \ solid option in 7zip GUI.after compression I compare it with original version.my 7zip compression ratio is about 95% but in original version is about 82%.

I see property of original 7zip.the method in original version was "LZMA BCJ2" and "solid +" and "Blocks 2" but in mine version it is "LZMA" and "solid -" and "blocks 1"

so my question is how and with which switch i can change my compression method?i read help of 7zip but it seems that switches for bcj2 dont work in GUI.