Trouble viewing "MSFN Forum" in my browser Opera

egrabrych

Actually I should have asked about it a long time ago. This problem occurs in ALL THE VERSIONS of the Opera known to me, and relates to the multi-page threads of "MSFN Forum".

Look carefully at the screenshots I attached:

I'm trying to move the arrow pointer over the icon of the site number 66. On the first screenshot, the arrow is still far and all the site icons are displayed in one line. But when the arrow already gets over that icon (the second screenshot), the icon runs out to a new line! Moving the arrow over the site icon number 66 in this new line isn't easy, because it tries to run back to its place in the first line; however it does finally become possible (the third screenshot).

Does anyone know anything more about it?

Edited by egrabrych

I don't think it is coming from Opera.

Did you tried in another browser?

Try also to enlarge your window.

The problem occurs only when the line is full, and the box you want to reach is at the end of the line.

In my tests, the box doesn't move anymore all the time the cursor stay over the link.

HTH

Charles :) .

This problem usually happens when java is incompatible with your browser or the browser is outdated. This happens to me when using facebook with opera or firefox below 3.6 or so. When trying to hide posts on facebook the options tab would not let me view the options. It was always too small to select anything. I have not found any solution because I never took the time to try, I just used a different version of firefox and used opera for other things.

Edited by mrsk565

This problem usually happens when java is incompatible with your browser or the browser is outdated.

(...)

I have not found any solution because I never took the time to try, I just used a different version of firefox and used opera for other things.

Unfortunately, yes :( And not just for "older browsers" and the "incompatible Java"!

I don't think it is coming from Opera.

Did you tried in another browser?

I conducted the same experiment under Windows XP SP3 with an installed Java SE 1.6.30, for: Firefox 3.6.25, Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 11.60 - with appropriately selected sizes of windows. The result is exactly the same - see the screenshots below:

It seems that this is simply a "must-be".

Try also to enlarge your window.

The problem occurs only when the line is full, and the box you want to reach is at the end of the line.

Permanently helps screen with 16:9 aspect ratio.

Thank, CharlesF and mrsk565 :)

egrabrych

Edited by egrabrych

I'm sorry, but I don't understand you well.

I have the same behavior in a small window, and it disappears when maximizing.

post-200646-0-43252600-1325709031_thumb.

:unsure:

All your screenshots have been taken with small windows !? :huh:

As I have writen:

In my tests, the box doesn't move anymore all the time the cursor stay over the link.

Yes, IMO also, this is simply a "must-be".

Same problem with Firefox 9.0.1 under windows 7. It does not depend on browser or java or OS, only on the size of browsing area. My Firefox gives me the same with sidebar displayed, even when maximized in 1280x1024. That's definitely a forum design bug.

All your screenshots have been taken with small windows !? :huh:

Yes, because here the effect was caused by artificially - in order to see whether it is at all possible. This computer with Windows XP, cooperates with your monitor 16:9 and during normal operation this problem is not seen.

As I have writen:

I apparently just from that it depends.

Hey guys, I have been through alot of this topic and have switched from firefox to Opera 11 mostly because 11 has extentions. And firefox has that lag to it that lasts for a few secs which someone else mentioned earlier.

Anyway, did the work around and installed it. Now the only thing I notice is when downloading, the info displays correctly except the speed. It wont show what speed it is going. Just square blocks. I thought id post this just to see if theres a fix. Thanks

UPDATE----- This truly amazing!! I have never had such a fast browser, On XP Opera wasnt the best at all for me, it just seemed slow so I never bothered trying the newer versions on 98se. But I'm very impressed with all the people who made this possible. Now I can stream videos with no problem unlike foxy. I'm finally happy with the internet part of 98se now, You guys are just giving me even more reasons never to go back to XP. Thanks :thumbup

Edited by mrsk565