XP SP3

71Chevelle

Trying to use nlite to create a Windows XP install disc with SP3. When I get to the option to input the location for SP3 it gives me an error that it isn't correct, "The specified executable is not a valid Win32 application", what I downloaded from Microsoft was WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe but nlite is looking for RVMUpdatePackSP3_1.0.3.7z. Where exactly do I get the SP3 that nlite is looking for?

Welcome to MSFN. This is the download location from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24 It's very possible that you have a corrupted download of SP3, so retry the download. As for this part "but nlite is looking for RVMUpdatePackSP3_1.0.3.7z ", I don't know how that happened. nLite doesn't ask for anything and will accept either of the both. Of course, you can use the (Post-SP3) Update pack as well, but after SP3.

Cheers

what I downloaded from Microsoft was WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe but nlite is looking for RVMUpdatePackSP3_1.0.3.7z.

Your download is correct (for an english/US version of XP). Why nLiye asks for something else is probably as Kelsenellenelvian suggested, because you are not using defailt settings but importing a preset of things "to do" that include that file.

RVMUpdatePackSP3_1.0.3.7z is an "addon pack" that includes POST SP3 updates but it is 2 years old now. It still needs SP3 to be included in the source. For a really up to date cd, you're better off checking -X-'s site. (search for any thread here by user -X- and check his signature.)