KB2657424 for .NET Framework 3.5 being offered when only .NET 2.0 inst

UPDATE: After a reboot it is now offering me the full blown 3.5 package. Yuk!

3.5.png

I've seen this before. I'm going to uninstall all traces of 2.0 and reinstall it.

Are you running .NET 2.0 SP2? Did the update for .NET 2.0 SP2 install? If not, likely WU is wanting you to update 2.0 SPX to 2.0 SP2 and there are (as far as I know) only 2 ways to get .NET 2.0 SP2 ...

... install .NET 3.5 SP1 or .NET 2.0 SP2 Stand-Alone Roll-up

FYI - I believe the 2.0 SP2 roll-up will remove 2.0 and 2.0 SP1 leaving .NET 2.0 SP2 only!

• 1 month later...

Hello ~

Hoping to find some help here. I have a problem with KB2657424 constantly updating. I get the automatic Windows Update almost immediately after having run it. I went into Windows Update online and tried it from there thinking perhaps that would make a difference. It didn't. Even Windows Update, although it shows this update being SUCCESSFULLY updated numerous times over the last month, it will still ask me to install it again.

I have tried Microsoft Fix It to no avail. I have made sure that everything else having to do with .NET Framework is up-to-date.

I am attaching a photo of all of the .NET Framework items which are currently installed on my XP SP# system.

Any suggestions as to how to get this update actually successfully installed would be appreciated.

Thank you!

~ Cindy

post-347461-0-83322800-1328818636_thumb.