Registry tweak for annoying Windows Explorer message?

hhgygy

Which .reg file? (sorry, if I am dumb)

What do you thik I posted on #7?

1. A link to a page.
  2. A number to fiind the EXACT tweak.

If you go there, you will be able to find two .reg files, one to enable and one to disable.

I then posted a copy of each of the two .reg files inside CODE tags, to show which keys were involved.

In a normal windows when you double click on a file with extension .reg, you are offered to "merge" the info in it to the current online Registry.

jaclaz

Of course, anyone can do that, or go through this annoying size selection process all the time, I was just wondering if there is a solution to switch it off..

The best way is to attach the image after opening the e-mail box!

Sorry, what you posted does exactly the same as if I delete these entries with regedit.exe. And I told you

And I didn't trust your word for it and asked you to try the .reg in the hope that you had somehow made a mistake manually.

(and someone else confirms above) that it does not work in Windows 7

but that one was LATE as he posted this info AFTER I asked you to try the .reg file.

Now, if "someone else" would also confirm that UNregistering the shimgvw.dll does not work, he may also reply to the 2 (TWO) questions that you left UNanswered:

This should not happen.

You should be able, running as Administrator, to Register and UNregister dll's allright.

HOW EXACTLY did you run the command?

WHICH EXACT error did you get?

IF UNregistering the .dll works, then "someone else" (but not necessarily the SAME "someone else" ;)) may be able to patch the .dll to replace the called function with something like Nada or The DUD.

jaclaz

Even using Thunderbird; a window always appears to choose the size of the image to send as attachment!

The best way is to attach the image after opening the e-mail box!

Even when I never noticed it before because I never send but text files, I've checked out sending photos using Thunderbird by rightclicking "Send to email" and the size message also appeared to me.

I was wrong, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your correction!

Edited by cannie