Registry tweak for annoying Windows Explorer message?

hhgygy

Hi everybody,

When using Windows Explorer sendto function, the Resize image option always comes up which I don't need as I ALWAYS want to send the original sized jpg

Can it be switched off by a registry tweak?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit version

thank you

hhgygy

When using Windows Explorer sendto function, the Resize image option always comes up which I don't need as I ALWAYS want to send the original sized jpg

Hi Hhgygy:

"Sendto" options are at hidden links placed at C:\Users\(here your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\(here all sendto links)

You may supress any of them by simply deleting its direct access link (you must of course previously configure your file manager to show hidden files).

HTH

Sorry that is not what I want. I want sendto to work with the email client BUT without always asking me whether I want to compress the size of the image to be attached to the e-mail.

Hi Hhgygy:

"Sendto" options are at hidden links placed at C:\Users\(here your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\(here all sendto links)

You may supress any of them by simply deleting its direct access link (you must of course previously configure your file manager to show hidden files).

HTH

I want sendto to work with the email client BUT without always asking me whether I want to compress the size of the image to be attached to the e-mail.

AFAIK it means that the question is posed to you after your mail client is running and not before. In that moment the Windows Explorer SendTo function is already accomplished (it only takes care of putting your file into the mail client and opening it), so the question doesn't come from Windows but from the mail client. If it doesn't give you the possibility of configuring it properly to avoid such questions you could move to a different one.

I use Thunderbird and when I rightclick on "Send to email client" there are no questions at all.

HTH

Edited by cannie

I have Seamonkey but as far as I see, it is not running yet when this message appears, it is clearly sent by Windows Explorer.

I'm talking about this pop-up panel, it is clearly from Windows Explorer.

I want to switch off this pop-up, if possible, with a registry tweak or otherwise.

post-341687-0-10655800-1324551397_thumb.

I want sendto to work with the email client BUT without always asking me whether I want to compress the size of the image to be attached to the e-mail.

AFAIK it means that the question is posed to you after your mail client is running and not before. In that moment the Windows Explorer SendTo function is already accomplished (it only takes care of putting your file into the mail client and opening it), so the question doesn't come from Windows but from the mail client. If it doesn't give you the possibility of configuring it properly to avoid such questions you could move to a different one.

I use Thunderbird and when I rightclick on "Send to email client" there are no questions at all.

HTH

I experimented some more on this: I switched off my mail client, Switched on Windows Explorer and the Task Manager.

This pop-up message clearly comes from Windows Explorer, Seamonkey is NOT started when this pop-up message appears.

post-341687-0-65858100-1324553575_thumb.

The XP way was:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg]
"PerceivedType"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
"PerceivedType"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp]
"PerceivedType"=""

And, to re-enable:

"PerceivedType"="image"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
"PerceivedType"="image"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp]
"PerceivedType"="image"

maybe it works the same on 7 :unsure:

jaclaz

Unfortunately, it does not work in Windows 7, it seems.

The XP way was:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

"PerceivedType"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
"PerceivedType"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp]
"PerceivedType"=""

And, to re-enable:

"PerceivedType"="image"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
"PerceivedType"="image"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp]
"PerceivedType"="image"

maybe it works the same on 7 :unsure:

jaclaz

This one does not work on my computer even though I tried to issue this command as a system administrator, it returns an error.

On the other hand, I am using Windows Fax and Scan service so it does not seem to be the right solution...

Then you can try to UNregister shimgvw.dll:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/9

BUT I have NO idea if there are any "strings attached" to such a removal :ph34r:

http://tweaks.com/windows/36689/disable-windows-picture-and-fax-viewer/

and/or if the known ones are aproblem for you.

jaclaz

This one does not work on my computer even though I tried to issue this command as a system administrator, it returns an error.

This should not happen.

You should be able, running as Administrator, to Register and UNregister dll's allright.

HOW EXACTLY did you run the command?

WHICH EXACT error did you get?

On the other hand, I am using Windows Fax and Scan service so it does not seem to be the right solution...

Well, then I guess you will have to live with that "smart" feature enabled.

Out of curiosity, WHAT are the contents of the keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp

on your system?

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

This should not happen.

You should be able, running as Administrator, to Register and UNregister dll's allright.

HOW EXACTLY did you run the command?

WHICH EXACT error did you get?

Sorry, I have a Hungarian OS, I try to translate what I get:

"shimgvw.dll module has been successfully loadad but the following entry point not found:

DllUnregisterServer

Make sure that that 'shimgvw.dll ' os a valid DLL or OCX file and try again"

Well, then I guess you will have to live with that "smart" feature enabled.

Out of curiosity, WHAT are the contents of the keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp

on your system?

jaclaz

In my case they are also defaulted to "image" but I tried to delete them, but nothing happened.

Hi Hhgygy:

HTH

New information. Thanks.