RAM Detection Problem

clonesauce

May be a faulty motherboard. Reminds me of when a Dell Inspiron 530S BIOS suddenly refuses to boot with RAM in the normal dual channel config and gives 4 bleeps-pause-4 bleeps. (or just does nothing but run the CPU fan fast)

(Dual channel used to work on the above motherboard before late August, 2011.)

Before going on to buying another pair of RAM sticks, let's do it a bit more scientifically:

I asked you to lenghten all timings. You said you did it to no avail. OK.

Let's do the following: take a pic and post the BIOS screen(s) where the RAM timings are, with it set to AUTO, so that we'll see both what settings we have available and what the BIOS thinks are fine settings for these RAM sticks. Do it twice: once with the pair of your old RAM sticks on, and then one with any one of them substituted by one of the new 4 GiB sticks, please.

I refuse to give up without giving it a last try, if you don't mind.

And, BTW, Merry X-mas! :)

why replacing the board? Replace the RAM. No one needs such pseudo high end RAM which gives no improvement. Buy the cheapest DDR3-1333-CL9 RAM which is compatible with the board and be happy.

Before going on to buying another pair of RAM sticks, let's do it a bit more scientifically:

I asked you to lenghten all timings. You said you did it to no avail. OK.

Let's do the following: take a pic and post the BIOS screen(s) where the RAM timings are, with it set to AUTO, so that we'll see both what settings we have available and what the BIOS thinks are fine settings for these RAM sticks. Do it twice: once with the pair of your old RAM sticks on, and then one with any one of them substituted by one of the new 4 GiB sticks, please.

I refuse to give up without giving it a last try, if you don't mind.

And, BTW, Merry X-mas! :)

I haven't mentioned that I also need to be replacing the board because one of my RAM slot is faulty now, and I need the 8GB RAM because I'm doing 3D renderings. :) Merry Christmas to you guys! :D

Still, I would try to set voltage at 1.65v and RAM speed manually at 1333 if possible with 9-9-9-24-32 timings... Looks more that the mobo doesn't do it automatically. So, put the slow RAM in the first slot, second slot the fast RAM, set all memory settings manualy, power off (unplug), pull out the slow RAM and see if it boots when you power on, if not, not much you can do other than trying to update your BIOS.

So, how did you get a damaged slot?