RAM Detection Problem

clonesauce

Hi guys,

I'm using an Asrock 880GM-LE and previously used 2x2GB Corsair sticks. I upgraded RAM and bought 2x4GB Ripjaw sticks and replaced both Corairs, however my motherboard seems to have trouble detecting them on their own and my PC wouldn't boot. Just gave me 3 beeps, a pause then 3 beeps and repeat. I tried to swap the two Ripjaw sticks around but nada, then I tried mixing one of each module and only then my PC could boot. Is there anything keeping my motherboard reading the new sticks independently? I've already updated my bios but still no luck.

Thanks.

Have you check the PDF to see if the RAM is compatible?

Thanks MagicAndre, I have checked it and yes it is. When I paired 1 stick from Ripjaw and 1 stick from Corsair, PC detects the memory and even lists it out as '6GB memory available'. I just cannot use the Ripjaws independently.

He actually said it twice, and the second time was anwering a direct question :

I upgraded RAM and bought 2x 4GB Ripjaw sticks and replaced both Corairs...

When you say "one of each" you mean a 4GB and a 2GB and the system can POST? What is the part number on the Ripjaw stick?

Yes, one of 4GB and one of 2GB.Sorry, what do you mean by part number?

Moreover the symptoms point very clearly, IMO, to a northbridge overwhelmed by too much RAM. It would be much more difficult to make sense of them were the new sticks the same size as the original ones.