nLite working well, just a few questions please?

Basil

I have made a bootable DVD with XP Pro on that loads my SATA drivers, strips out unwanted apps and does a nice custom (nearly) unattended set up. Only two issues are bothering me. One is it stops and asks about overwriting an existing XP set up and deleting and formatting partitions. Is there any automation for this, or will it only fully automate on a blank pre formatted drive? It also stops right at the end when Windows asks if it can change and test screen resolution. I told nLite to use default resolutions. Neither are show stoppers, and I'd much rather be asked about something as major as partition deletion, creation and formatting than for nLite to do something wild, but thought I'd ask to see if it can actually be fully automated, start to finish?

Some of my driver .exe files for my Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, when clicked on, do not have .inf files in their expansion, so not sure how to integrate these. i am adding them manually after XP is fully loaded.

Can I add some straightforward none OS programmes, too, for automatic loading? Some ask if a driver can be loaded once they themselves have set up, this sounds complex.....

Thanks, a great product!

Yes it CAN be fully automated. BUT! Think on this:

EVERYTIME you boot with cd in it is going to delete\destroy ALL partitions! Then install windows. (Quite a dangerous\risky prospect?)

The screen size popup will not show if you have the proper drivers integrated for your video card.

Which dell drivers?

There is a section here dedicated to non os programs and addons for them. HUNDREDS of premade packages for most common applications. You just download them and add them in like hotfixes.

Thanks, yes, I see your point re the danger of this, I'll probably not bother about that aspect :) It would be nice to have nLite install the video drivers, the file is an .exe one and it expands to several sub folders, and I am unsure how to integrate it. If you feel bored you can find the Dell driver file at http://www.newbury-house.com/driver/R181739.exe If you or someone else can tell me just how to integrate this I'd be much obliged, thanks again.

All of them? Just .inf files? Ahh, just looked at the last install on my laptop under system blah blah drivers, and there are loads of files loaded for what is showing as two video adapters. I was expecting a single file, maybe two but I am hopeless with anything past DOS ;) Perhaps they are for different resolutions? I'll give it a go, thank you for taking the trouble to check that out, appreciated :)