Customising Windows 7 Home Premium X64 Sp1

Hello its me again....I have an OEM copy of windows 7 home premium x64 SP1....i need some assistance in removing components and tweaking the system.....and make sure that it still functional after customisation. Because I've tried many ways and half way through the installation i get errors......could you please help me :)

Possible programs i may need help with are RT7lite and vlite.

thanks

Thumpa

Hello its me again....I have an OEM copy of windows 7 home premium x64 SP1....i need some assistance in removing components and tweaking the system.....and make sure that it still functional after customisation. Because I've tried many ways and half way through the installation i get errors......could you please help me :)

Possible programs i may need help with are RT7lite and vlite.

thanks

Thumpa

I personally like vlite, though it is meant for Vista but till now it is working fine for me on Windows 7 SP1 as well. RT7lite is also good but it takes hell lot of time and it still has too many bugs and not updated since long.

If you have WAIK for vista (installed), use gimagex and export your install wim to a new location and then replace your old wim with this new exported wim and then use vlite to remove the components.

Edited by nice_guy75

• 1 month later...

I cant remember the error but it was like installation error near completetion of setup during the last phase of the installation. i think if i remember it was something to do with winboot.exe i cant remember....i tried to do a print screen of it while testing it in virtualbox but couldnt do it.

Edited by thumpa

Why are you using vLite to remove components you don't know are being removed properly?!

At the moment there aren't any programs that really remove components well, if you have to do it, the best one at the moment is Win7Toolkit. That's the tool you should be using.

Why are you using vLite to remove components you don't know are being removed properly?!

At the moment there aren't any programs that really remove components well, if you have to do it, the best one at the moment is Win7Toolkit. That's the tool you should be using.

is that toolkit freeware or in beta form?

OK I cannot just let that comment be...

Yes it is free.

BETA WTF??

Are you SERIOUS?

Would you rather:

A - Have an app that is "Final" as in done and over and never being developed or added too? (nLite and vLite for example)

OR

B - Have an app that is being actively developed?

Beta? Hell how about "Active"?

I think you are safer just NOT customizing at all.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

OK I cannot just let that comment be...

Yes it is free.

BETA WTF??

Are you SERIOUS?

Would you rather:

A - Have an app that is "Final" as in done and over and never being developed or added too? (nLite and vLite for example)

OR

B - Have an app that is being actively developed?

Beta? Hell how about "Active"?

I think you are safer just NOT customizing at all.

Reason why i want to customise my copy of windows its OEM btw.....is to remove unwanted services and components keep the aero and themes and also some networking coz i do web design on my pc...it will be faster than the stock version of windows. Also how do i go with addon software?

Reason why i want to customise my copy of windows its OEM btw.....is to remove unwanted services and components keep the aero and themes and also some networking coz i do web design on my pc...it will be faster than the stock version of windows. Also how do i go with addon software?

You can only remove a few things using some software. Win7T uses packages via DISM to remove stuff. You won't be able to fully customize Win7 at the moment because nothing really removes a whole lot of garbage from the OS, so your options are very limited.

However, Win7T can manage add ons and so can a few other unattended software tools like 7Customizer. For 7Customizer you'll need DISM, OSCDIMAGE, and imagex programs to use it properly.

You can only remove a few things using some software. Win7T uses packages via DISM to remove stuff. You won't be able to fully customize Win7 at the moment because nothing really removes a whole lot of garbage from the OS, so your options are very limited.

However, Win7T can manage add ons and so can a few other unattended software tools like 7Customizer. For 7Customizer you'll need DISM, OSCDIMAGE, and imagex programs to use it properly.

i had troubles using 7Cusomiser and everytime i test the image i created in virtual box the image crashes near completetion of the installation.

keep the aero and themes and also some networking coz i do web design on my pc...it will be faster than the stock version of windows.

I would think you'd want to disable Aero, to save the CPU from having to deal with transparencies and whatever else. I'd imagine if you had a PC with at least 4GB RAM and a 64bit OS and at least a dual-core CPU, you'd have no problems with speed. I presume you are doing work with Flash since that's the only web design program I can think that would be resource heavy enough to consider these drastic alterations to Windows.

keep the aero and themes and also some networking coz i do web design on my pc...it will be faster than the stock version of windows.

I would think you'd want to disable Aero, to save the CPU from having to deal with transparencies and whatever else. I'd imagine if you had a PC with at least 4GB RAM and a 64bit OS and at least a dual-core CPU, you'd have no problems with speed. I presume you are doing work with Flash since that's the only web design program I can think that would be resource heavy enough to consider these drastic alterations to Windows.

My system specs are:

Core I5 540M 2.53GHz turbos up to 3.00GHZ

Video GTX 230M

RAM 8GBRAm

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

I do web design but the main apps i use are Dreamweaver and Photoshop occasionally i use flash pro cs5.