log-in and adverts conflict

SAE140

Tried to log-in today - after a long period of absence - and it was a right game.

Took me half-a-dozen attempts and some ingenuity to find a workaround ....

The problem was that there is a banner advert spread on top of the 'User Name' box, obscuring it. So - no User Name entry, no log-on.

Stopping the page before the advert loaded was the only way I could find around the problem, then entering the User Name, then reloading, then entering the password.

Bit of a production ... would be useful if this could be sorted.

Using Firefox. Ta.

Edited by SAE140

Sometimes the ad images may not be the correct size and "break out" of the space they are supposed to be in. I've come across this in the past.

If you see this again, can you take a screenshot of it, or post the URL for where this image is coming from?

I don't know if this info will help or not.

When I used FF 2.0.0.20 and Win 98, I had EXACTLY the same problem as SAE140 ("The problem was that there is a banner advert spread on top of the 'User Name' box, obscuring it. So - no User Name entry, no log-on."). So, I gave up and used either my Opera or Netscape browser, without any problems.

Since recently upgrading to XP Pro x86 and using FF 8.0.1, I have no problem logging in.