Is this a good graphics card to start off with?

alijayadv

hello i bought a computer yesterday and i was woundering is the RADEON X800 256M graphics card better than the intergrated one that came with the computer.... and i if i wasnt to change the graphics card would the computer run call of duty 3 maby and minecraft at a good fps im not to botherd about graphics just speed :) thanks

Processor CPU: Intel i5 2400 3.31hz 4 Cores

CPU Cooling: Intel iSeries Standard Cooling

Memory: 6GB DDR3 1333Mhz Economy

Motherboard: Asus P8H67-M

Sound Card: 8 Chanel OnBoard Sound

Hard Disk 1: 500 Gigabyte 3.5" HDD

Hard Disk 2: Optional Extra

Optical Drive 1: Sony 24X DVD Rewriter

Optical Drive 2: Optional Extra

Video Card 1 Main: Intel iSeries OnBoard Video

TV Card: Optional Extra

Wireless: Optional Extra

Power Supply: Octigen 400 Watt Power

Operating System: No PreInstalled Operating System

Office Software: Open Office Suite PreInstalled

AntiVirus Software: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition

Keyboard & Mouse: Optional Extra

Monitor Display: Optional Extra

Warranty Period: 2 Year Return to Base Warranty

vaginal infection

Edited by alijayadv

You're comparing entry-level but modern video, with an average video card from 2004 (7 years ago) meant for old AGP slots. Definitely not worth "upgrading" to.

If you want something that's a lot faster than what you have right now (like 4x the speed, going by the same bench as MagicAndre1981 used), without a gamer's card price tag, you could buy a Radeon 5670 or similar around $70. ncix currently has one of those for $45 after mail in rebate.

according to this list the Intel HD is faster compared to the X800:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Intel+HD+i5-2400

I couldn't find Radeon X800 listed on that link but it does say the Intel i5-2400 s slower than the Radeon 9800 XT and the X800 is faster than the 9800 XT.

Edited by Sysdll

ALL-IN-WONDER X800 GT 267

They also have the X800 Pro/GTO at 509. I'm still using one on one of my machines so I know it's a good card.

But either way it would be a sideways move. A video card that is contemporary with the motherboard and processor would be a much better option.

You should use at least a Radeon HD 5(6)770 for gaming. But better start with a HD 6870, this card is fast enough for MW3 and BF3.

+1 On that, and some brandname 500W+ PSU, as the current one can only deliver enough for a system without a PCI-E video card (cheap 12USD one). The HD6770 should be able to do 1920*1200 in most games at medium to high settings.

Answer to additional questions:

No, the standard RAM speed is 1333Mhz Economy, which implies your FSB is 1333Mhz too.

Not the best.

His bus is 100MHz, FSB isn't used any more, it is called DMI these days for Intel, and that should do 5 GT/s. 1333Mhz DDR3 isn't the best but who cares if the system slows down a 2%. ;)