Ny burned CD's? DVD cannot read the freshly burned CD

belto

Every time I burn a CDRW with Nero, my burner reads the files that I just completed. When I insert the CD into my DVD drive it just keeps reading the CD then 5 minutes after it stops, then Windows XP Pro says format no supported, please insert a Disk.

What am I doing wrong? Someone please help me!!!

belto...

it could be a few things:

try the latest firmware for your dvd drive from the makers site.

it could also be the disc make itself, try other makes as some discs wont work in some drives (my drive for example hates the gold colored 'Mirror media' make but it loves the silver version)

DVD and CDr and CDrw are very different in how they are made, write discs have a coating of some special polymer or crystals that the laser melts and then the layer sets solid, never to be meltable again.

rewrite discs have an organicaly derived compound that can be etched on, but doesent hold as much information. DVD and DVDr will be something else entirely i expect. the information on a burned disc is not as "loud" as that on a comercially made CD, this is why some older CD players wont play copied discs, i expect its something to do with why playstation2 machines will play copied CD media, but not copied DVD discs....

try the firmware and make idea and let me know how you get on :)

good luck!

you should try the firmware then, the makers site will explain how to install the new firmware for your dvd drive. if that doesent work then try some other media make in the drive

Can you read that cd in the burner, or not even there.

Is this on a single type of burning or on ALL burning?

Does your session complete successfully with the save or not?

describe your entries prior to burning (what selections and also

your setup under files/preferences

Also are you by chance try to overburn?

Let's start here

Have you tried closing the session?

if you chose multisession, only your cd burner will read the cd.

no other drive will unless it's a burner, [/quote:0e197a359f]

I have to differ on this. I made a multisession cd in a yahama cd-rw on one machine, and it reads fine on a different machine with an old 166Mhz with an 8x cd-rom drive.

Hello again,

Yes my newly burned CD can be read by the Burner. The problem I am having is when I put the just burned CD into my DVD drive, Windows XP Pro cannot read the drive at all! Windows just keep attempting to read the drive and it goes on for 10 minutes +, then I just hit the eject button and it stops. Then sometimes it can read the new cd, but Windows states format no supported, please insert another disk. I am using the standard to burn my CD. I already downloaded and installed all the patches since windows XP pro came out so I am covered by this. I just do not know what I am doing wrong. My friend burned a cd at his home and it was not a cdrw disk and we could read the cd from my DVD drive.

Any suggestions?

mystified...

belto...