Total Control

Peewee

Hiya,

I'm fairly new to 7. I dual boot with 7 and XP. Because I could never get online with 7 with my WLAN card, I rarely booted into 7. A new USB WLAN has given me internet accesa, and so I am now using 7 frequently.

I have searched this forum, honest, but have not found what I want.

I have turned off UAC completely. I understand that security might be important in corporate situations, but I am the only person who ever uses this computer, and want (demand) complete and total control of this MY computer that I have paid for and own. I do not want anything telling me what I can and can't do. Despite turning off UAC I am still getting messages telling me that I don't have access to this that or the other.

What I am asking for is the definitive process(es) for removing all such controlling security, and giving me access to, and total control of everything. I want to OWN my computer, you know, the one that I own.

Your detailed response is hugely appreciated.

Many thanks.

7 64 bit.

Besides UAC, there are multiple protections built into Windows. I'd only recommend disabling these in a virtual environment, or on a secondary system that isn't your primary computer. They are there for a reason... They include:

Windows File Protection

System Protection

Windows Resource Protection

Here are some I found using the search: