The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems...

I have to agree I don't know WHERE I got that file . I tried tried to trace my steps from using the link you supplied but can't find the download icon now! I'm glad I asked or I would have been in a complete mess!

Thanks again for the advice and I will have a look tomorrow as a couple of glasses of wine have been downed and I don't want to get it wrong. Thanks again

Curiosity... what browser are you using (Opera, Firefox, InternetExplorer, "other")? Your "quotes" are (sometimes) repeating themselves AND being broken from the replies you make.

When you click "Quote" button, the said quoted text should automatically open a "Replying to..." box. Just add your reply at the end of the "box" and click the "add reply", "preview post", or "cancel" button. "Multiquote" button is for "collecting" several separate post "quotes" and assembling them into a single reply.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I finally worked out how to get the ubccd onto a disk and inserted into my 'old' pc. As suggested in one of the recommended posts I used the partedmagic to look for the hard drive, but the only drives showing are the two cd rom and rw drives and my external hard drive that I attached.

Is there anything else I can do, or does it look lilke I have lost ther information on the drive?

Hi. I finally worked out how to get the ubccd onto a disk and inserted into my 'old' pc. As suggested in one of the recommended posts I used the partedmagic to look for the hard drive, but the only drives showing are the two cd rom and rw drives and my external hard drive that I attached.

Is there anything else I can do, or does it look lilke I have lost ther information on the drive?

Hmm it always helps if you reconnect the hard drive back to the pc durrrr! Let's see if that works.

Ive reconnected the hard drive and ran parted magic again as the instructions, but my pc is still not showing the hard drive? When the windows sp2 disk was installed and a repair asked for it didn't get through the whole process and ends at a c:/ with no windows folder. Could this be the reason that ultimateboot cd is unable to locate the hard drive as it is 'does not exist' because windows is not loaded properley?

What else can I try? TESTDISK and PHOTOREC ?

Thanks in aadvance for any help.