A program to permanatley remove services in windows 7?

thumpa

Hi everyone.....i have been googling for the answer im looking for and so far no luck.....Im searching for a program which will enable to permantley remove any windows services of your system after installation......if so could you link me the software please?

P.S im sorry if this is posted in the wrong section......you may relocate it in its rightfull section.

cheers

thumpa

Edited by thumpa

I'm not sure why people would go out of their way to download a 3rd party util when sc.exe which comes with the OS does this just fine (even on remote PCs). PowerShell (and vbscript/jscript) can also do this by the WMI way: enum Win32_Service, filtering on the service name, then call the Delete method on it -- in a simple one-liner:

(gwmi win32_service -filter "name='ServiceNameHere'").delete()

Obviously, sc.exe/PowerShell or whatever will have to be run elevated for it to work.

I'm not sure why people would go out of their way to download a 3rd party util when sc.exe which comes with the OS does this just fine (even on remote PCs). PowerShell (and vbscript/jscript) can also do this by the WMI way: enum Win32_Service, filtering on the service name, then call the Delete method on it -- in a simple one-liner:

(gwmi win32_service -filter "name='ServiceNameHere'").delete()

Obviously, sc.exe/PowerShell or whatever will have to be run elevated for it to work.

AFAIK results are the same, being the only difference a more user-friendly interface.