too many interrupt cause HIGH cpu usage

lgskyxp

hi guys, i met the high cpu usage in my PC(vaio VPCS131FM) while using the win7, thanks to the guide from i captured some runtime trace information. The interrupt CPU usage show that there are too many HalpProfileInterrupt handling(sorry, i didn't find the place to upload picture), then ntoskrnl.exe:ExpWorkerThread spend too many time on that. After googling HalpProfileInterrupt, it seems this interrupt is related to APIC Profile(APIC_PROFILE_VECTOR), is there anyone get into the same problem before? can anybody give me any hint on that? thanks

BTW: i met same problem before, but more serious, the sympton is that i got tooooo many interrupt from, for example, pci-e memory stick host controller. After uninstall the VMware-player-3.1.4, the system got back almost, except the problem as above.

NDIS causes 1 spike over 1000µs:

Total = 1223 for module ndis.sys

Elapsed Time, > 512 usecs AND <= 1024 usecs, 6, or 0.49%

Elapsed Time, > 1024 usecs AND <= 2048 usecs, 1, or 0.08%

The L1C62x64.sys is your network card driver for your Atheros L1c PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. I can see that this driver causes some CPU uaage spikes of the SYSTEM (Kernel).

post-70718-0-61914200-1323016680_thumb.p

Your version is 1.0.0.26. Check if you can get an driver update. Also install the Windows 7 Sp1, you still use Windows 7 RTM.

Do you need the software VAIO Care? This tool captures data every 2 seconds and may cause this spikes:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\VCPerfService.exe" "/service" "/sstates" "/sampleinterval=2000" "/procinterval=5" "/dllinterval=120" "/counter=\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time:1/counter=\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Disk Bytes/sec:1" "/counter=\Network Interface(*)\Bytes Total/sec:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor Information(*)\Processor Frequency:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% Idle Time:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% C1 Time:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% C2 Time:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% C3

NDIS causes 1 spike over 1000µs:

Total = 1223 for module ndis.sys

Elapsed Time, > 512 usecs AND <= 1024 usecs, 6, or 0.49%

Elapsed Time, > 1024 usecs AND <= 2048 usecs, 1, or 0.08%

The L1C62x64.sys is your network card driver for your Atheros L1c PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. I can see that this driver causes some CPU uaage spikes of the SYSTEM (Kernel).

post-70718-0-61914200-1323016680_thumb.p

Your version is 1.0.0.26. Check if you can get an driver update. Also install the Windows 7 Sp1, you still use Windows 7 RTM.

Do you need the software VAIO Care? This tool captures data every 2 seconds and may cause this spikes:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\VCPerfService.exe" "/service" "/sstates" "/sampleinterval=2000" "/procinterval=5" "/dllinterval=120" "/counter=\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time:1/counter=\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Disk Bytes/sec:1" "/counter=\Network Interface(*)\Bytes Total/sec:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor Information(*)\Processor Frequency:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% Idle Time:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% C1 Time:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% C2 Time:1" "/expandcounter=\Processor(*)\% C3

really helpful, after disable the 'vaio care performance servive', the cpu usage is back to normal, thanks very much for your kindly help :-)