PhotoZoom Pro 4.0

chrisbraines

Can anyone help me regarding the silent install switches for PhotoZoom Pro 4.0

I have tried to install the program using the following switches which have proved unsuccessful

1) /qn /norestart it does not appear to be a msi installer

2) /VERYSILENT /SP- /NORESTART it does not appear to be a inno installer

3) /S

If anyone could help me out on this one I would be most grateful.

Yes I forgot to mention this but it does not respond to either the /? or /help switch either which if I am not mistaken would indicate that the Program uses a msi installer.

I have also tried using the %temp% trick to see if it extracts any files to the temp folder which unfortunately it does not do.

Dear dencorso Many thanks for your quick reply.

I download the program you suggested but unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to be able to use it.

Anyway it got me thinking further and I came up with the idea of using Process Explorer to see if it would reveal any details of the type of installer that is being used by the program

but after examining all the strings and data sections of this installer I have not been able to ascertain which installer is being used.

I have also tried using the Universal Extractor to see if I could extract the files to a temporary folder but unfortunately the extraction fails however despite this the Universal Extractor

seems to indicate that the type of installer be used is a Installshield I will do some more experiments using switches for the Installshield to see if the Program will install

itself silently.Beyond this I don't have enough knowledge to take things further but I am confident that more advanced members will have better ideas on how to achieve a silent install for this Program.

Heh this is packed with UPX, which is known to cause problems! After opening the program, it uncompresses all of the files it installs but stores them in memory, instead of a temp folder. You can see the memory usage footprint is slightly larger than the setup file size. I can see the files in memory but I don't know how to get them out. :unsure:

Have you tried using the support form on the developer's website to ask how to do a silent install?

You are absolutely wright I failed to notice that was a UPX file but of more significance I am totally new to UPX files and don't know how to deal with them.

Armed with this new information I have done some more research there seem plenty of applications that will decompress these files I am using a free

one FreeUPX version 1.4 which can be downloaded from Softpedia here is the link

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Free-UPX-Download-97041.html

While this application clearly decompresses the PhotoZoom Pro 4 Setup.exe file packed size bing 17.9Mb and the unpacked size being 18.7Mb but there is still

no way of ext rating the files from the installer I have tried WinRAR 7Zip and Universal Extractor but none of these Programs work.

I have also looked for any applications that allow you to extract files from memory but as of yet I have been unable to find any

• 3 months later...

Hello chrisbraines,

Maybe this helps. I used TotalUninstall to scan all installation processes and changes in the registry. After I used the files installed in C:\Program Files\BenVista\PhotoZoom Pro 4 + reg file and've rebuilt the installer using InnoSetup.

Works well for me.