Task Schedule problem

zeezam

I have created a script that copy and move a file with wget. I saved the script in .cmd.

If I manually run the script it works.

I have created a task in windows 2008 that will run the job every week.

The job seems to run in the job history but it doesn't do it's job.

Any ideas?

How to track down this?

You should add some error handling/logging into your script, such as creating a token somewhere (easiest copying a text file) or even writing to the Application Event Log. Basically, if a .cmd fails, you won't see it as a fail in the job history, because a .cmd will always just do a successful exit under most circumstances, since cmd doesn't really pay attention to what you are having it do. If the programs themselves are failing, they would be the one to generate the error, not cmd, which is why it doesn't "fail" in the log.

You should add some error handling/logging into your script, such as creating a token somewhere (easiest copying a text file) or even writing to the Application Event Log. Basically, if a .cmd fails, you won't see it as a fail in the job history, because a .cmd will always just do a successful exit under most circumstances, since cmd doesn't really pay attention to what you are having it do. If the programs themselves are failing, they would be the one to generate the error, not cmd, which is why it doesn't "fail" in the log.

Ok.

This must have something to do with how windows 2008 start the script or something, because if I run it manually it works.

The same script did work on a windows 2003 as a schedule task.