Motherboard Fan runs in full speed

sameer752003

When I switch the power on the fan starts running in full speed. I have checked the fan connections. It's connected to the CPU header. I did some changes in the bios. Now the fan stabilizes to normal speed but every now and then it gains full speed.

Presuming you are using the stock Intel heatsink/fan, the only reason it should be running full speed on that board is if your CPU starts running hot. I'd get some CPU temperature reading tool to run when you notice the speed pick up, to see what temperature you're getting. I believe that somewhere around 60-70c is the temp that this board will kick up the speed. Normally I'd recommend Intel Active Monitor, but I think it would reject an MSI board.

I'd get some CPU temperature reading tool to run when you notice the speed pick up, to see what temperature you're getting. ... ... Normally I'd recommend Intel Active Monitor, but I think it would reject an MSI board.

Get Core Temp for this. Works perfect on almost every modern CPU.

Check if it's blowing in the good direction. I once saw a fan mounted in the wrong direction with two air flows were cancelling each other. The CPU was constantly downstepping. Not sure if it had been replaced or came out of factory like that (FujitsuSiemens desktop). I was really lucky to notice that (I knew the front fan was supposed to suck air because some people were putting post cards on their computer and some were sticking and blocking the air entrance). The (warranty) tech must really have thought I was an expert . B)