How can I get a PS/2 scrolling mouse to work in Windows 95?

ppgrainbow

Well, I'm happy you found the source of your problem! :yes:

Maybe there is some program to disable and/or reenable the AccuPoint from inside Win 95. Do search for it.

BTW, here's a pic of an AccuPoint mouse, FTW what does it look like (as I was until I found this pic).

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I'm planning on getting a second Mitsumi Standard Scroll mouse for this desktop computer this Christmas. At this time, I can only enable to AccuPoint mouse if I change the setting on the Pointing Devices in the BIOS to Simultaneous. If I get a camera ready, I'll post a photo of what the AccuPoint mouse looks like soon. :)

For the time being, I'm about ready to head for bed.

Happy to know that the issue - if not solved - has been at least found a reason why. :)

It seems like Toshiba made really things much harder than needed, compare with:

http://web1.toshiba.ca/support//techsupport/tsbs/all/-tsb000523.htm

jaclaz

Thanks for the link to the article in question. I appreciate it.

It seems that the PS/2 wheel mouse and the Toshiba AccuPoint device doesn't like to get along with each other.

I'm having the same problem the only difference is I'm using Win98SE.

Now this only happens when I use 98lite and strip out most components but it also does it with my USB mouse also.

I'm thinking its maybe a file or registry key that causes this.

I am having the same problem, only on Me. :w00t:

I am starting to think that I should actually connect the PS/2 plug on the mouse cord to the PC motherboard socket. :unsure:

Maybe I should start a new thread, since it has nothing to do with Windows 95 and this thread is specifically about Windows 95 and the problems in conjunction with a specific Toshiba laptiop model and it's Accupoint device..... :whistle:

jaclaz

I am having the same problem, only on Me. :w00t:

I am starting to think that I should actually connect the PS/2 plug on the mouse cord to the PC motherboard socket. :unsure:

Maybe I should start a new thread, since it has nothing to do with Windows 95 and this thread is specifically about Windows 95 and the problems in conjunction with a specific Toshiba laptiop model and it's Accupoint device..... :whistle:

jaclaz

Maybe the title should specifically say MSFN Forum> Microsoft Software Products> Windows 95> How can I get a PS/2 scrolling mouse to work in Windows 95? :realmad:

instead of MSFN Forum> Microsoft Software Products> Windows 95/98/98SE/ME> How can I get a PS/2 scrolling mouse to work in Windows 95?

Maybe the title should specifically say Toshiba laptop model :realmad:

If you want to battle I'll bomb ya, I will attack like a pack of piranhas :realmad:

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

If you want to battle I'll bomb ya, I will attack like a pack of piranhas :realmad:

I doubt that any number of piranhas or similar bombing tactics can do anything to my flying-submarine-tanks, but I don't think anyway this is the right place to proof that.

In my basic English:

MSFN Forum> Microsoft Software Products> Windows 95/98/98SE/ME> How can I get a PS/2 scrolling mouse to work in Windows 95?

the bolded part is enough to doubt that a Me problem goes here, additionally while looking to the previous posts to make sure I had the exact same problem, I noticed how the problem seemed like being connected with a Toshiba laptop and it's BIOS, so I think I will start a new thread for it, calling it:

MSFN Forum> Microsoft Software Products> Windows 95/98/98SE/ME> How can I get a PS/2 scrolling mouse to work in Windows Me (no, not on a Toshiba)?

If you want, if you have the same problem as mine, you could post on the new thread, and I will change it's title to :

MSFN Forum> Microsoft Software Products> Windows 95/98/98SE/ME> How can I get a PS/2 scrolling mouse to work in Windows 98SE or Me (no, not on a Toshiba)?

;)

jaclaz

Lets go!

First of all, this is a Win9X forum.

Second, just cause I'm using Win98 doesn't mean the fix or solution is or is not the same.

Third, just cause you have a 100,000 links bookmarked doesn't mean you should assume that one of your bookmarks

is the solution to all problems. And why start a new topic, so you can just link this page to it, so you can have

100,001 bookmarks. Here's a task for you, create a website with all your links and see if it applies to everyone who has any version

of windows. But then again it might. I don't know, if I did we wouldn't be having this discussion, but then again you don't have the solution either.

but then again you don't have the solution either.

Oh, yes, I have it, I just inserted the plug in the motherboard socket and my Me detected the mouse allright. :thumbup

No need to start a new thread for my problem, it is already solved. :)

My apologies to the OP for having temporarily hijacked the present thread. :angel

jaclaz

Oh, yes, I have it, I just inserted the plug in the motherboard socket and my Me detected the mouse allright. :thumbup

No need to start a new thread for my problem, it is already solved. :)

My apologies to the OP for having temporarily hijacked the present thread. :angel

jaclaz

Then why isn't this topic marked as solved since its that simple jaclaz :w00t:

Because it isn't "my" topic? :unsure:

I opened a parenthesis in it (and duly closed it).

OP has had the most he could get as an answer/solution.

Only your problem with 98 is currenly "open".

jaclaz

Because it isn't "my" topic? :unsure:

I opened a parenthesis in it (and duly closed it).

OP has had the most he could get as an answer/solution.

Only your problem with 98 is currenly "open".

jaclaz

Actually my problem is fixed now, no thanks to you. :thumbup