Adding drivers to an existing nlite image

arjanv

Hi,

I've made an image(and iso) with Nlite, and it works great, but i want to add some more drivers to it

How to do this?

I load the last session and add the drivers? but do i need to delete the previously added drivers, or can i just add the missing to the existing list?

see screenshot, this is the list of drivers i'v added before, do i need to clear this list and then adding more drivers.

I hope you understand what i mean.

thanks

post-17072-0-65935900-1320147481_thumb.p

Don't open the last session, start processing your last ISO (unpacked, of course) as if it was a fresh source. Try to make minimal changes in this second session. Sometimes multiple processing doesn't work, but for small changes, it might.

GL

can't the main working directory be used?

i mean i've copied a standard windows xp cd to a folder on my computer and point nlite to this, and from there i've added drivers and build a iso.

can i use this same directory for adding the extra drivers (whiout loading the last session?

thanks

Yes it can. Select only "Drivers" in the main menu. As a rule, it is not advised to reprocess, but in this case it is likely to work OK.

The disadvantage of loading the last session.ini is that

-you'd need the original XP files to be reloaded (and maybe spend time integrating SP3 again)

-you'd need all the drivers and hotfixes that you integrated at first to be available at exact the same place.