Explorer.exe has generated errors

I think that first of all you should try to uninstall KDW. There must be something messed up with the registry.

WMP10 itself relies on KDW/XP files but doesn't need any additional registry changes at all so you shouldn't worry.

Have you tried restoring the browseui.dll to its original state?

Edited by tomasz86

Hi.

* KDW's KDll Inst 's 'Ez KD Mode' unsets SafeDllSearchMode.

If your explorer's add-on has wrong system file(for example XP File) on local folder, explorer may be crash.

Please try clear check "Ez KD Registry", and reboot your pc.

* If you find uxtheme.dll(kdw file) in system32, some problem may be occur.

(Because any applications consider the system is xp when they find uxtheme.dll)

The file must exist only the target folder. Uninstall the file.

* If you installed KDW with system install mode. you should uninstall it.

(You can install only SHFOLDER.dll)

I have recommended use Ez install mode or Dynamic mode.

* If there are some Add-on's problem, you had better create new user profile, and log on new user.

WMP 10 for Windows 2000 independents on KDW' installation.

I think that first of all you should try to uninstall KDW. There must be something messed up with the registry.

WMP10 itself relies on KDW/XP files but doesn't need any additional registry changes at all so you shouldn't worry.

Have you tried restoring the browseui.dll to its original state?

We can analyze with Dependency walker.

* Run Dependency Walker.

* Open File "%systemroot%\explorer.exe" with it.

* Execute Profiling (F7)

(* explorer occurs some problems.)

* Save File (dwi).

If your internet Explorer also has any problem, try to do same thing iexplore.exe as explore.exe

Hmm.. I've done everything what you've said, except the last part, since I have not used the system install. It might be something else.

Should I re-install the OS?

Edited by blackwingcat

I've run into this a lot of times and it's annoying! When I go into My Computer or any other folder, sometimes just randomly it'll bring up an Explorer.exe has generated errors and it'll just close out. The problem then just goes away for a while. I use KDW as well but I only use EZ install mode but I do use EZ KD Registry. Should I leave that cleared and not use it?

If you remove the checkbox and your problem resolve, this means some your application or Add-on has any SxS Problem.

You can resolve also with removing the problem Dlls.

I've run into this a lot of times and it's annoying! When I go into My Computer or any other folder, sometimes just randomly it'll bring up an Explorer.exe has generated errors and it'll just close out. The problem then just goes away for a while. I use KDW as well but I only use EZ install mode but I do use EZ KD Registry. Should I leave that cleared and not use it?