Using Plop Boot Manager boot CD causes problems in XP install

Tested on another computer that does not boot from USB at all, used PLOP CD, no go, errors at loading keyboard dll in textmode setup right before it should show the drive setup screen. Got tired of fighting with Winsetupfromusb, it does too many things that I dont quite understand. Right now I am trying a totally different aproach, no builders, will do everything by hand myself. So far its looking good.

Basically I added Firadisk driver to XP source, modified USB settings in source (USBBOOT.INF, that took me a while to find :)) I build ISO, copy it to USB HD, load it with grub, so far success! Managed to install XP with no problems in the two test machines. SO far, so good.

Good. :)

I will post back when I am finished, hoping to save some poor soul in the future a week of hair pulling.

Here I don't really follow you, are you whining ? :w00t::ph34r:

Look, noone is in any way "forcing" you to use WinsetupfromUSB. :)

It was your free choice to use that particular tool. :yes:

There are at least TWO tutorials to make that manually (using the .iso):

Or you can use more "traditional" methods, such as USB multiboot:

or go entirely "manual":

You can use them "as they are", get only some ideas or hints from them, invent a completely different way, whatever you like/prefer/wish, as long as you don't whine. :no:

jaclaz

Just a little :whistle:

Then, I guess it's OK. :rolleyes:

I hope you have hugged TWO little furry creatures from Alpha Centauri :w00t: to compensate for the whining. ;)

http://jaclaz.altervista.org/Projects/careware.html

Well, I posted the first part of the results of my hard work, hopefully it will be of use to others. Thanks for all your help. :thumbup

Very good :):thumbup

For the record (and to help mantain the interconnectedness of all things) the thread is here:

jaclaz