ThnkPad R30 ethernet

goodtrip

hi! i've just refurbishrd an ibm thinkpad r30 with windows 98 SE and i'm trying to connect to internet.

i've downloaded drivers from lenovo website and i've followed the instructions. but when i tried to install the Intel 8255x-based PCI Ethernet Adapter(10/100) it asked me the "intel pro adapter cd-rom" that i don't have... anyone knows how to solve?

Maybe he is having the problem where TrustedInstaller gets confused about what files it is looking for and where to find them. I've seen it happen a few times on different win7 boxes. You point right at the correct file but the installer insists that is wrong. I recently had to change the wifi drivers on a thinkpad due to slow speeds so I feel your pain!

Windows 98 will remember the last 4-5 locations, but will only automatically search in the last location. Its a pain, but any time you install a driver (or change your tcp/ip settings) you'll have to keep changing where Windows needs to find the files. Its probably the only annoying thing about Win98 that I can think of.