Batch-file assistance - folder watch, copy, rename

I think that's the best option too. Why bother if there's something pre-made that does the job reasonably well...

It would still be pretty simple to write such a tool in a number of languages.

I will quote - just in case - Mikhail Kalashnikov :w00t:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#Design_concept

A lot of [soviet Army soldiers] ask me how one can become a constructor, and how new weaponry is designed. These are very difficult questions. Each designer seems to have his own paths, his own successes and failures. But one thing is clear: before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good appreciation of everything that already exists in this field. I myself have had many experiences confirming this to be so.

;)

jaclaz

Just wanted to check in, and thank everyone for your input and direction. I did check out EVACopy, which is an excellent utility. It does ALMOST everything I need to do, but can only check once per minute of keyboard/mouse inactivity. You can technically set it for less (say, 0.1) but after the first attempt, it can't do it faster than 45 seconds due to the program's limitations. I chatted with the programmer, who has done a great job; the software should work nicely for most people who need such a solution. Unfortunately, when we're working on projects that need this auto-backup feature, we literally work steadily for hours without pausing long enough for the backup to kick in. So while EVACopy won't work for my needs (and I continue to investigate how to script this in some way), it truly is a neat program! I actually plan to use it for other purposes at home, so I'll definitely get some use out of it.